Craftsman 10" Table Saw

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I inherited a 1990s Craftsman 10" table saw from my father. When I got it 20 years ago, it was still in the box. Unfortunately, it rusted as you might expect. Ten years ago I loaned it to a friend who assembled it and cleaned it up a little. He used it to do some remodeling on a couple of rooms in his house. For the last five years, it has been in my (paid) storage room. Since I have a SawStop, I don't see a reason to hold onto this one.

If you are interested, I'd like to have $100 for it. I'd also be willing to swap for some milled hardwood. The trick is, it has to be picked up tomorrow, Saturday. A friend is giving me some construction articles that I have to store. My hope is that the saw will go to someone who plans to use it and who is not looking to clean it up and flip it.

The storage room is on Chatham Street in Cary. Send me a private message if you're interested. You will need to load it. I have a bad back. If there is a worthy cause, I'd be willing to donate it if you can move it.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
No responses. Does anyone have a suggestion where I can donate it? Someone from wakefreecycle.com will maybe pick it up. I guess everyone wants a SawStop.

awldune

Sam
User
I believe that Habitat ReStore will take it, although I don't know if they will come get it from a storage unit.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Rick Mainhart is in Kernersville. I doubt that he'll come all the way to Cary to pick it up, but it can's hurt to ask him if he's interested.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Rick Mainhart is in Kernersville. I doubt that he'll come all the way to Cary to pick it up, but it can's hurt to ask him if he's interested.
All the way to Cary? It ain't exactly in the next universe. Less than two hours each way. In January, we drive to Kroger (closest one) to get my wife her favorite Valentine's candy. Only 142 miles one way, but well worth it.

Rick Mainhart

Rick
Corporate Member
Good afternoon all,

Thanks for thinking about me.

The Lucas Replacement Smoke Kit (Lucas Replacement Smoke Kit) that I found at a yard sale has me back running on this project.

After further thinking, and deciding that I really want to woodwork, not restore woodworking machines, I'm going to bite the bullet and adjust the shop layout and probably get the Grizzly G1023RCW. This will allow me to also find a new home (eventually) for my Porter Cable router table and free up some much-needed space.

Regards,

Rick

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS