Craftshows in NC

TBoomz

New User
Ron
travel magazines list upcoming seasonal festivals; used to check out library issues. State Welcome Centers have festival newsletters /magazines [free].
Hillsville, Va Labor Day is a huge week-long flea market. Draws from several states. All kinds of stuff sold including woodcraft.

FALL is the best season of the year, for selling woodcrafts. There are SO MANY events. Lots of the bigger & better attended shows require a vendor apply a full year in advance of the event...in some cases right after the current show closes.. if out-of-town, and several days long, this means booking a place to stay maybe a year in advance.. Unless you're gonna take the risk of finding a hotel/motel, RV/campground just prior to the event. and good luck finding a place closer than 10 miles away if well-attended.
I did this for 14 years - two different businesses; my pickup bed was adequate for toting my crafts. Insurance is a must if selling anything small enuff to swallow and some shows require it. Most don't allow leaving your vehicles on-site. Leaving your stuff under a tent overnight - outside events - is bad idea, in spite of "so-called" security....even if enclosed by chainlink fence. The indoor shows, your stuff is "safe'.
You'll need decent photographic shots of your stuff, for applying. Keep backgrounds simple. Soft [diffuse] light is better.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS