Craft show in Tampa fl

Status
Not open for further replies.

boxxmaker

New User
Ken

After about 3 yrs of contemplating,I finaly took the plunge and dang near drowned:kamahlituShoulda just kept thinkin bout it.:gar-Cr Oh well I did get my setup fee back,I think I made enough profit to take mama to steak & shake :gar-La; but unless some miracle takes place between now an next yr,I gonna pass. :no:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
WOW! Ken that is a nice display that you have there - sorry that you didn't do well - I wish I knew that you where going down that way I could have told my mom to swing by and check out your crafts

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
Where does your Mom live.We are now in Tampa till April.Were only about 15 min from the fairgrounds,so at least we didn't have far to go to not make any money :no:

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Nice display Ken, I'm sorry to hear that it wasn't a big selling day for you. Our last show was a disappointment as well. :BangHead:

Brian.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I honestly believe that your experience is a combination of influences. :dontknow:
One, this "great" economy we are experiencing, and Two, I believe people have become accustomed to seeing the stuff from China and other offshore locations in the BORG's and discount stores until that has pretty much set the pricing levels we are seeing today.

I have reached the point where I just quote my price and stick to it. If it sells, OK, if not, OK. Hoping not to die poor AND broke! LOL!
:nah:

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
I do believe you hit the ole nail right on the head about the economy an all.I also set my price and stick to it,like I'v said before ,it don't cost me a cent to take it back home and leave it set.If I sell,great ,if I don't then oh well,thats how it is as I just do this for fun anyway.:rotflm::rotflm:.I did think I would do better than I did as I was the only woodworker there selling boxes an turnings.There was two folks the selling pens an one was selling laser engraved pens for 8 bucks,don't know how he did it an another was selling some other beautifull pens for 15 bucks :dontknow: Oh well I did meet some real nice folks.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Sorry things did go well for ya, Ken. You have to look on the bright side though. At least you fed mama. That is most important!!!:gar-La;

Dragon

New User
David
Sorry to hear you didn't have such a great sales event. This current economy is taking its toll for sure. It started about 4 or 5 years back. I recall setting up at an event and had loads of lookers and droolers but very few buyers. Everyone said I had great stuff and my prices weren't out of line but they just couldn't afford it right then. It's been downhill ever since so I don't do shows and events anymore. Basically I lost my shirts on the last three so I'm laying back for now. Glad I still got a regular paycheck coming in but as we all know, that could change tomorrow. Enjoy your stay in Fla. and don't let it get ya down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors