Corona Virus John Hopkins Abstract Fact sheet

Jeff

New User
Jeff
It's largely a collection of data from many worldwide sources and published by the World Health Organization (WHO). Johns Hopkins data is a small part of it and not generally accessible without subscribing to "GitHub".

This is just the John Hopkins fact sheet

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
My source...

Stanley Kite, Director
Craven County Emergency Services
406 Craven Street, New Bern, N.C. 28560
Office 252-636-6608
Cell 252-671-7482
uc

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 12:04 PM
Subject: Malware associated with fake coronavirus map

All,

Please see the attached document.

The bottom line:

"A malicious website pretending to be the live map for Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins University is circulating on the internet waiting for unwitting internet users to visit the website. Visiting the website infects the user with the AZORult trojan, an information stealing program which can exfiltrate a variety of sensitive data."

Please note “[dot]” in the malicious website address below has been added to prevent accidental connection to this website.

• “corona-virus-map[dot]com”

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Back to the issue at hand (literally) has anyone considered using white vinegar as a cleaning agent? It's recommended by some sources for kitchens and baths. Would it be as effective, given the panic and rush to buy hand sanitizers and Lysol?

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Yes, But I prefer sanitizing myself with the internal approach.............Vodka or Whiskey !!!

Ammonia, Vinegar or even rubbing alcohol .........all work

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Yes, But I prefer sanitizing myself with the internal approach.............Vodka or Whiskey !!!

Ammonia, Vinegar or even rubbing alcohol .........all work

Not all work for the Coronavirus or flu viruses but will work for general cleaning, but not necessarily sanitizing.

The CDC and EPA have recommended products: Clorox and clorox hand wipes, rubbing alcohol without at least 60-70 ethanol or isopropanol, and the "Purell" hand sanitizer.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Dennis, my care manual says to NOT use vinegar on the granite because it will etch. BTW, hydrogen peroxide mixed 6 to 1 is a fairly good disinfectant if you can't find OH in some form.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
FYI if anyone is worried about the sanitizing in the house (which TBH I am not) If you want H2O2 you can get 30% here :
hydrogen peroxide reagent grade this is 30% pure

In the past some of the exotic adhesives use H2O2 for etching and prepping surfaces. Just mix it with distilled water to get the % desired

e.g. 100ml + 1000ml = would give you roughly 3% hydrogen peroxide. For general use, personally I would stay 5% and under

Remember Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) and Vinegar (acetic acid CH3C00H) in higher purities are caustic and can burn skin and or eyes, use appropriate safety protocols. I am only mentioning in case the all the Corona news churn causes panic causing too much panic buying. There are always ways to solve problems.

News is ok but, get the knowledge and info from root sources, without the news spin as well, that is the best advice. That will keep you the safest and best informed. . . .

JimD

Jim
Senior User
I just saw this today. The graphs are an effective way to display information. I can see why it is a good idea to slow down or stop the spread but it seems to me the risk from the virus is getting way overblown. Two of my three grand kids, the youngest ones, have had the flu this winter. One of my kids had it too, from her daughter. I don't know if they were tested for COV19 but all are well now.

Attachments

• Coronavirus-COV19-infographic-datapack-1-1.png
    Coronavirus-COV19-infographic-datapack-1-1.png
    839.6 KB · Views: 166

Rwe2156

DrBob
Senior User
Hi All, I know this has been on everyone's mind as of late and not to get into the "it's real or it's all made up" arguement .......

This is just the John Hopkins fact sheet with the latest of what they know and have to date, feel free to read it and decide yourself.

Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) – Research and Statistics

Stay healthy ;) :cool:
Briefly perused/excellent source of info. For me, based on what Dr Fauci said about higher mortality rate than flu he has lost credibility with me and only further increased the panic.

Why? Because as the Johns Hopkins site clearly explains case mortality rate is not the same as the true mortality rate. Why? Because the number of people infected with who have either no clinical signs or very mild signs are not being tested, therefore left out of the statistics. Children under 14 apparently exempt totally from symptoms.

Reading that paper what is alarming to me is the contagiousness of this bug. The time interval for case doubling is amazing.

• Thanks
Reactions: Oka

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
To me the real failure is the lack of testing. The lack of wanting to use the WHO test or the South Korean test until the USA was ready, just delayed real information, which adds to the panic of the masses. That was really unfortunate and preventable.

We are where we are now, just need all of us to pull together and behave like adults.

;) .........

Briefly perused/excellent source of info. For me, based on what Dr Fauci said about higher mortality rate than flu he has lost credibility with me and only further increased the panic.

Why? Because as the Johns Hopkins site clearly explains case mortality rate is not the same as the true mortality rate. Why? Because the number of people infected with who have either no clinical signs or very mild signs are not being tested, therefore left out of the statistics. Children under 14 apparently exempt totally from symptoms.

Reading that paper what is alarming to me is the contagiousness of this bug. The time interval for case doubling is amazing.

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
One of my best friends, age 80, flew to FL from WA to visit last Monday. He looked normal with no symptoms. He got back home on Wednesday. Got sick and went to the hospital and died Friday. We are still waiting on the virus test results but doctors think it was the virus. We are now in self quarantine. Young people are often carriers with no, or minimal symptoms. It is deadly to the elderly. It is real so please pay attention to the CDC.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS