Corner cupboard update--hanging the doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimReed2160

New User
jim
Well it has been a long time and too much has gotten in the way, including the heat in the shop. I am winding down on the bottom of the corner cupboard. Finished trimming the doors this morning and hung the hinges. This is the test fitting. I need to remove everything for finishing, so I am using plain ole woodscrews, not the nice brass ones. Yes, that is a little gap at the top left. I need to move the top hinge over a bit. Good thing I held back on the brass screws.

IMAG0412.jpg

There is also a little problem with the left door. Doesn't want to open wide.

IMAG0413.jpg

That is easy enough to fix. Just trim the moulding at the bottom.

IMAG0414.jpg

I need to get the bottom out of the shop and start on the top. Then I can put finish on them together.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Jim, shouldn't that be "need to get my bottom in the shop and start on the top"? :rotflm:

JimReed2160

New User
jim
Thanks for the kind words. This corner cupboard is made from genuine North Carolina walnut (door panels are some yankee birdseye maple). One of my buddies brought down about 400 bft of 5/4 rough stock. I am working it over with a scrub plane, #7 jointer plane, and finally a smoother. I will post more progress shots as I begin the top. Just acquired a new Lie Nielsen #4 1/2 smoother (with a high angle 50 degree frog). Cannot wait to watch it tame some of this NC hardwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS