Corner Cabinet Hinge HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
The cabinets in my kitchen are face frame and I am using full overlay euro-style hinges. The issue I ran into was with the corner cabinets. It has a "special" door that is a right angle. The hinges I have didn't exactly work .... because the door couldn't close without the point of the cabinets running into the frame. I did a little "adjusting" on the hinges, but didn't seem to be enough.

Any ideas on what type of similar hinge I'll need to make this work? :eusa_thin

IMG_49011.jpg

IMG_49051.jpg

sediener

New User
Steve
Or you could trim down the doors to inset them attached to the lazy susan... but that sounds like too much work to me.

- Steve

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Or you could trim down the doors to inset them attached to the lazy susan... but that sounds like too much work to me.

- Steve

This is probably what I will do when it comes to a similar project in my kitchen, but it does look like to much work for this one... All the other doors are already finished, so that might look out of place.

I think Travis' idea is the way to go, there are several manufacturers out there that make the hinge for the inside corner of that style door, and a few different approaches to installing them, too. But, considering your door seems to be of one piece, that seems to be one of those fun, "honey, don't send the kids near me for the next few hours" sort of projects.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Jeremy,

This is why they make special euro hinges for lazy suzans. The best way to fix the issue is to separate the doors and use a piano hing for where the doors meet and then the lazy suzan euro hing to attach the assembly to the cabinet.

If you want a corner cabinet with doors glued together as you have here the only option is to attach it to the lazy suzan and make it inset. Beleive me I learned the hard way when I was doing cabinets. :(

Good Luck,

John

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Yuck. I don't like these answers. Not sure what I'm going to do yet. I will check out these hinges you're talking about ...

nelsone

New User
Ed
Blum carries bi-fold hinges for this application. You still need to separate the two panels, but they allow one side allowing the door to clear the drawers. I have to see iv i can find the literature later. I used some about a year ago on some cabineds I built.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I would not use a piano hinge. The wrap around euro hinges are really easy and adjustable. Separating the two doors apart should be nothing more than a couple of screws and/or nails.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Lucked out on this one ... picked up a corner cabinet with the hinges I needed for this job for $10 at that cabinet sell-off. Worked like a champ and saved me about $35 I figure. Here's what I did. It still needs some adjustments, but its at least working now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS