cored set # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyrod444

New User
Jack
This is the first set of bowls I cored from the oak burl. It was the smallest of 3 blanks I have to core. The largest bowl is just over 16" in dia. I have them in a plastic bag until I can turn them down to finished thickness and start drying them. I got 9 bowls from this blank 7 bark edge and 2 without bark that I cored off the bottom of the largest bowl.
Jack
100_1535.jpg

100_1534.jpg

100_1533.jpg

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
WOW, U Da Man jack :icon_cheers :icon_cheers I can see some more fantastic bowls in the future.er ah,don't fergit my pen blank :rotflm::rotflm:

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Jack -that burl is like a leprechaun's pot of gold!
Looks like you are off to a fantastic start.
How many do you think you'll be able to get out of the burl in total?

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Wow!! Fantastic grain patterns and natural edge. Great work.:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers:icon_cheers

flyrod444

New User
Jack
Thanks everyone, I hope to get this set turned down to finish thickness today. My best guess as to how many bowls I'll get out of this burl is some where around 40 +. I have two more larger blanks to core yet, so counting this set, that will give me 27 and then there are 3 smaller blanks that will produce 4 or 5 bowls each. Then there are two large vase-HF blanks and many small blanks and of corse 2 pen blanks for Ken.:rotflm:
Thanks again,
Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS