Cordless Tool Station: Project Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
In my continuing effort to organize my little shop, I wanted to find a more satisfactory home for the cordless drills/drivers other than on top of the work bench. The project is an adaptation of a plan from Plans Now and is made from some odds and ends pieces of 3/4 cherry veneer that I had left over from a bookcase...I realize cherry veneer may be a little over the top, but I felt it was a better solution than buying something else only to have additional wood left for my odds and ends pile, which is already too large. It was a fun project; my next effort will be to build a storage rack/work station for the dovetail jig.

P1020036.JPG

View image in gallery

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Donn. I've found that spending a little time & effort on storage solutions motivates me to actually tidy up :) I mean, after I've spent so many hours assembling, sanding and finishing the darn thing, I'm going to use it! As for cherry ply being over the top...we probably spend more time in the shop than in the living room, so why not splurge?

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I like it. Very functional. Plenty of room for an additional charger and drills.

If you can use up some off cuts on a small project like this, all the better.

BWSmith

New User
BW
Agree with others...very nice.

Just a personal problem for me,but really like the idea of "finished".Meaning.....if we're gonna take the effort to create and develop a time saving/convenience item or storage space....that a few extra minutes get spent,painting/staining/clearing it.Its just more professional looking than raw wood.BW

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Agree with others...very nice.

Just a personal problem for me,but really like the idea of "finished".Meaning.....if we're gonna take the effort to create and develop a time saving/convenience item or storage space....that a few extra minutes get spent,painting/staining/clearing it.Its just more professional looking than raw wood.BW

BW, I agree with you regarding "finished"...that said, at the time I was working on this project, if Ihad a little more Baltic Birch on hand, I probably would have used it, including applying some type of finish, instead of the cherry veneer. But now that it is done, I really like the cherry....it sort of goes with the observation that Bas made earlier.

Donn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS