Coopered Veneered Doors - anybody ever tried?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKHam

Bradley
User
i'm tentatively planning on using hardwood core, cooper it, shape it, and then using shop-sawed veneer to go over both front and back. i have a small vac bag and i'm itching to use it on a curved form.

so if this sounds like a lot of trouble, it is and i'm fine with it. i'm not looking to be talked out of an in depth process but rather any info or experience.

anybody ever done anything like this and have any advice?

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
hey Brad, not sure the size of the doors but another option, with a lot less work is to use bendable plywood for the core if it's a large door. For a small door bent lamination would also work with your vac. bag.

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
i'm tentatively planning on using hardwood core, cooper it, shape it, and then using shop-sawed veneer to go over both front and back. i have a small vac bag and i'm itching to use it on a curved form.

so if this sounds like a lot of trouble, it is and i'm fine with it. i'm not looking to be talked out of an in depth process but rather any info or experience.

anybody ever done anything like this and have any advice?

Brad
I have a coopered door from a project I did for another guy in the shop. If you send along dimensions I might be able to save you some time??

With the gallery so messed up here, I will need to take some photos if you are interested.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS