Converting a Kitchen Stove from Natural Gas to LP Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
This thread was inspired by Jim D's thread. Used gas stoves on CL bring less than 50% of new prices, often with price negotiable lower. Converting to propane is simple. It involves replacing Nat. gas orifices with LP orifices. Usually a set of LP orifices are mounted in lower portion of range in a metal clip. It's just a matter of removing existing orifices and replacing them with correct ones. They are labeled. Reinstall Nat gas orifices in clip and reinstall on stove. For oven and broiler (if equiped so) usually you screw in the air shutter on burner to change over. On a few stoves, you do the same on surface burners. There are a many videos on You Tube showing process. Takes less than 30 minutes, AFTER you locate orifices.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
When I lived in Wendell, NC, I converted the furnace from LP to natural gas. The process was the same (I had the HVAC company do it during the fall servicing).

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
A pack with the LP orifices is usually available from the big box stores that fit most models for free or at nominal cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS