Control Cut on Craftssman Radial Arm Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
When I pull the trigger on the handle I can hear the motor turning but the saw is not moving. The carriage lock is free and the saw can be moved back and forth but the control cut is not engaging. I can't find any info on this in the owners manual. Is there a switch or knob I'm missing?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Warning: Don't grab the blade and try to spin it by hand. :rotflm:

Have you checked the nut to be sure the blade is tight?

Is anything jammed against the blade?

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Sears radial arm saws have two plugs - are you sure they're both plugged in?

Ernie

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
1 Blade nut is tight and blade can cut wood

2 Both cords are plugged in and the control feed motor is working when I pull the trigger.

However it is not doing anything it is "out of gear"

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Oh wait - "control feed motor"

You mean the new saws actually have a feed motor?

I was not aware of that.

Could be a stripped gear, loose set screw on a gear, does it use a belt? any adjustment?

You have me curious now. I'd like to see it.

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Re: Control Cut on Craftsman Radial Arm Saw

Is the blade turning or not? On the control feed RAS you need to turn on the switch at the end of the arm, then engage the trigger to move the blade/motor assembly to make your cut. Jim

DonnellyJT

New User
John
There is that little speed adjusting thing. did it get slowed down to the point where it stopped? I will play with mine and see if i can make it stop.... BRB

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
That was it John the cable to the carriage wasn't connected.

I connected the cable and enabled the control cut.

Control cut sucks.

I have now re-disabled control cut. Now I see what Tony had if off.

This thing had to have been invented by a committee.

OK who here has rigged up bungee cords to there saw carriage to keep it from cutting through wood to fast? No one? I thought so.

DonnellyJT

New User
John
I debated shutting it off too. But now that I have had the saw for a few years, I have really learned to like it. I just have to pull on the saw to make a cut. I don't have to worry about the saw pulling itself into a piece of material too quickly. However, now that I think about it, now that I have a really good narrow kerf blade, it doesn't really grab any more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS