Contractor saw - motor removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arguseyed

New User
Jeremy Taylor
This might be a stupid question but since I know less about electricity than I do brain surgery, I though I'd ask here. Is there any reason I could / should not install a quick disconnect in the wire that runs from the motor on my contractor's saw to the switch? In anticipation of rolling my saw out of the middle of my garage for those extended periods of non-use (yes, the honey-do list does not always involve cutting wood :cry: ), I'd like remove the motor and push it up against the wall. The motor is very simple to remove, except for removing the cover and detaching the wires. I though I could cut the wire and install a grounded male and female plug to make it even simpler.

Thanks!

Jeremy

DaveO

New User
DaveO
My contractor saw has a male/female plug in that exact location. I use it as my power kill as the main power plug and outlet are very far away from the saw itself, and not easy to get to. So I think that it is a fine idea, I would go with the plugs myself.
Dave:)

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Is this your $120 Delta contractor's saw, with the $123 Unifence and the $40 Delta 7657 blade on it? Cutting the cord between motor and saw, and adding a plug set is totally workable. Blow your budget and get a twist lock plug set. This will help prevent vibration from loosening it. Hubbell, and Pass & Seymore are two good brands of plugs. Just keep in mind that you are approaching having over $300 in a first class saw. This is a big, YOU SUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors