contractor saw alignment rant/rave

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilkesland

New User
Barry Arney
Well, after moving, building a house with the shop left unfinished, and bypass surgery, I've finally got the shop completed to the minimum point that I could set up my saw. Decided to convert it from 110 to 220v while I was at it. Did the wiring from my new panel, rewired the motor, fired it up - ran great! Yahoo, I'm in business!:eusa_danc . Tried to run a piece of wood through, bad binding against the fence. Really looked at the blade for the first time since moving and it is visibly out of alignment. Sigh,:cry: another day with a block of wood and hammer going back and forth trying to hit it just right to get within at least 5 thousandths.

Then I remember that I purchased some PALS before I moved, but never got around to putting them on, because the saw was in alignment and I didn't want to mess with it till I had to because of the last ordeal. Rumaged through a bunch of boxes yet to be unpacked and found them.

Man, what great little devices! It took me about 20 minutes to install. Once installed I was able to align the blade dead on in less than 10 minutes. I would highly recommend these things to anyone who has a contractor saw.

Barry

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Well, I'm glad you sorted things out. :icon_thum

When you mentioned "rummaging through boxes" after a move it brought back memories. I still remember the process of getting the shop wired, insulated, paneled...all the while rummaging to find things...hammer, nails, skilsaw.

It's great to start actually moving in machinery, huh? :-D

Chuck

4yanks

New User
Willie
Barry,

I know how you feel almost a year later (8 months in Afghanistan) I'm still unpacking my shop. It seems like everything I do requires searching through boxes to find anything.

wilkesland

New User
Barry Arney
Well I don't actually have the shop wired yet, or even all the walls up, not to mention dismal lighting. I've wired enough outlets to make do while I complete the shop around my tools. Not exactly the order I would choose, but it certainly does make for a challenge. I may post some pictures as I progress.

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS