Construction lumber prices

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
Hi woodworker200, Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I bought a 2X4 at Lowes. After dealer prep & options I dropped $7.00. Thank God I only needed one. This really is high-way robbery.

Pop :eek:

Don't spend money on the undercoating. Total rip.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Hi woodworker200, Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I bought a 2X4 at Lowes. After dealer prep & options I dropped $7.00. Thank God I only needed one. This really is high-way robbery.

Pop :eek:

did you get the extended warrantee? ;)

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
1623289332634.png

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
Dang Scott, Yea we are whining. Tell us the truth. You have a secret stash of cheap lumber squirreled away, and you can sit back and laugh at the rest of us poor souls who are out there looking. This lumber price hunting is sorta like Old Diogenes searching for an honest man.

Pop :p

RoyWarren

New User
Roy
I used to throw these scraps in the burn barrel. Now I'm not so sure.

I fear my 60 years woodworking hobby is coming to an end. So sad.

IMG_0194.JPG

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Deal at blue&gray store on Grove Barton Road. About 120 1x4x8 complete with some curves and free mold.
005142E9-7E0D-4CCE-BD4F-FB5788394409.jpeg

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Dang Scott, Yea we are whining. Tell us the truth. You have a secret stash of cheap lumber squirreled away, and you can sit back and laugh at the rest of us poor souls who are out there looking. This lumber price hunting is sorta like Old Diogenes searching for an honest man.

Pop :p
My wife worked with someone from Eastern Europe before the wall fell. They had a secondary economic system based on 2 x 4's. Mostly because of uncontrolled inflation.
Will we see the OSC 2 x 4's or the glue-lam 2 x 4's again? At least they were strait. For inside walls at least. Maybe recycled poly like deck boards?

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Just read an article - here's the link: N.C. Building Code Council warns of the use of European lumber in North Carolina - WataugaOnline.com - that also said to beware of European lumber, as it isn't grade marked to US Lumber standards and may cause structural failures. Some of the timbers lacked the density of SYP or other structural species and had more deflection under load or could possibly fail. It said the ultimate decision on using any species rested with the local authority having jurisdiction.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS