Completed Maple and Cherry Tool Cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
I finally completed a long awaited project for me, a tool cabinet to hold all of my turning, carving and hand tools. It is constructed of maple (box) and cherry (doors). The size is 40" wide by 44 tall by 16" deep (4" doors). Already too small but appears to work well. I was not brave enough to use dovetail jointery on a 12" piece width.

url=http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=74538&title=tool-cabinet&cat=500]
tool_cabinet_12.jpg
[/url]

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I LOVE IT - did you make two?

When do I get mine?!:rotflm:

Seriously, VERY nice work!

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Nice. Everytime I see one of those, I want to build one. Then I remember that I have nowhere to put it :(

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Unfortunately I am a pig in the shop and it is just organized because it was just completed. Trust me it will not stay this organized. My turning tools were all over the place beneath the lathe and it was a mess to clean up after turning. I had all of my carving tools in a drawer still in the plastic slevees. My hand planes were still in the shipping boxes in a cabinet. Now everything is accessible.

All of the lumber was $1 per bf purchased from others on this site. I have less than$75 in the unit. I still need to add closures to the doors. I was unable to locate a magnetic closure at Lowes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS