Completed End Table and Cooler Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoodoo

Roger
Senior User
So... long story short, my house was broken into recently and it sidetracked some of my projects. The good news is I tracked the thieves down and they were arrested. Once that ordeal was behind me I finally completed two of projects on my list.

Here is the end table I built to match the coffee table I posted previously:
WP_20140624_002.png

I think it turned out great. It has the same removable top as the coffee table.

Next is a gift for my brother in law. I watched this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jukgeFwaQ2M and decided my BIL needed one for his new deck:
WP_20140624_004.png
WP_20140624_003.png

It has no finish on it in case my BIL wants to match whatever stain he uses on the deck. What is not pictured here is a nice Starr X bottle opener mounted to the right leg. It was an old opener his dad used to own that has been a drawer at my mother in laws house. I think it adds a nice sentimental touch. Also, I embedded a magnet on the back side of the leg so it will catch the bottle caps as they fall. I am really happy with how it turned out.

I think I made a good 50% less mistakes on these projects compared to others. I just may be learning something.

NCGrimbo

NCGrimbo
Corporate Member
Nice work on both projects. I've thought about making that cooler, but there's no room on my deck for one.

-NCGrimbo

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Both look great - let us know when you BIL gets that cooler filled up!

hoodoo

Roger
Senior User
His birthday is tomorrow. I plan on delivering it either tonight or tomorrow. And it will be delivered properly, already filled with ice and beer.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
His birthday is tomorrow. I plan on delivering it either tonight or tomorrow. And it will be delivered properly, already filled with ice and beer.
You Sir, are a FANTASTIC brother in law!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

My birthday is in Sept so you have enough time to make another. :)

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
Both projects look great. The cooler is an awesome project and you did a fine job building it. I know he will love it.

Red

hoodoo

Roger
Senior User
Excellent.

Tell us how the cooler is affixed to the spigot on the outside?

Sure. I use a small black extender I found in Lowe's in the lawn sprinkler system section. One on the inside of the cooler with a rubber grommet acting as a gasket. I threaded that extender into a second extender which pulls the grommet tight against the cooler. I then threaded the spigot on the outside and secured it with screws. I also used some silicone inside to help prevent any leaks. Since I am home now I took a few extra pics:

WP_20140702_002.jpg

WP_20140702_003.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors