Completed Chessboard !

Status
Not open for further replies.

richlife

New User
Rich
Very Nice, Matt! :eusa_danc Looks like heirloom quality!

I have a thing for chessboards and chess sets and have made a number myself over the years. For some time now I've had the hankering to do another, but just not at the top of the stack yet :tinysmile_cry_t: . Do you have a chess set that will go with this board? (Not offering one of mine -- they either have a home or are for the future of my grandsons. They will get one of them soon now since they're (at 7 and 5) getting into checkers.) Rich

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Nice work. Awesome board.

Very Nice, Matt! :eusa_danc Looks like heirloom quality!

I have a thing for chessboards and chess sets and have made a number myself over the years. For some time now I've had the hankering to do another, but just not at the top of the stack yet :tinysmile_cry_t: . Do you have a chess set that will go with this board? (Not offering one of mine -- they either have a home or are for the future of my grandsons. They will get one of them soon now since they're (at 7 and 5) getting into checkers.) Rich

Skeeter: Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it

Rich: Thanks, No chess set as yet, may have to buy a set. I've tried turning, but had trouble with the pawns (replicating, do not have a lathe duplicator).

You all are great!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Skeeter: Thanks for the kind words! I appreciate it

Rich: Thanks, No chess set as yet, may have to buy a set. I've tried turning, but had trouble with the pawns (replicating, do not have a lathe duplicator).

You all are great!

I am a ways out but you could use my duplicator. I have it set up on its own lathe dedicated for it. might take a few trips to get em done.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I am a ways out but you could use my duplicator. I have it set up on its own lathe dedicated for it. might take a few trips to get em done.

Fred,

Thanks for the offer, very generous indeed! Instead of borrowing, I would like to find out more about them (lathe dupes). I have the Harbor Freight VS 3/4 hp lathe.

What brand lathe duplicator would work well with this. I also would like to see one in action.

Might be my next tool purchase!:tool:.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS