Community Woodworker Project upcoming in Mooresville

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtdums

New User
Jim
Dear NCWWers in the Mooresville area,
We need some good hands to help build a community playground at the Lowe's YMCA March 10th-March 14th.
This is a great project to get involved in the community and help build a town playground for kids. It is not a bolt together playground. That's why some talented NCWWers would be a great asset. There are three shift a day so your time commitment can be as much or as little as you can spare.
Have a look at the site that I made for the project (lost a lot of shop time on this.)
www.buildhopepark.org

Thanks for your support and we could register as a group and work a shift together if there is interest. (Actually I'll be there all week :roll:)
Thanks,
jtdums

Last edited by a moderator:

NH2NC

New User
Eric
Jim,

I'm interested.
Should we sign up via the website or try to donate the time under NCWW as a group?

Thanks for posting.

jtdums

New User
Jim
If you sign up on the web site there is a field for what group you are with. Someone could just throw out a date and shift(s) for the group and everyone could sign up online at the site. (It would also help us to stay organized.)
Thanks.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Is this a one time event for Lowe's because of their corporate office location, or maybe a prototype for a future program to be expanded into the nether regions they serve?
I'm sure there are a lot of NCWW members that would be interested in coming if they knew it was a program being expanded into their areas in the future. We often deride BORGs here when we think they may deserve it but when a program like this opens up it deserves our support.

jtdums

New User
Jim
Actually, this is not a Lowe's project. It is a community built playground that will be owned and maintained by the city of Mooresville. The Playground itself is designed and facilitated by a company called Leathers that has been doing this in communities around the country (and the world) for more than 30 years. It will be built completely with volunteer labor in the course of one week. (Much like an old fashioned barn raising concept.)
It is completely grass roots. (Hence the plea for help.)
-Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sounds like a great idea. I know the member of NCWW sure have the skills.

jtdums

New User
Jim
Looks like one vote has been cast for Thursday March 11th, First Shift (8am-12:00).
Lunch will be provided after the build shift and I hope to see more NCWW friends there.
(Thanks Kreg :gar-Bi)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Do they provide plans & materials & we just bring the tools & know how along with a sack full of grunts?

jtdums

New User
Jim
Tools, Materials, and best of all food.
(Actually, we are trying to borrow tools from community members involved in the build. There is a list of all that we need for the week posted on the web site. Guaranteed to be returned in same or better condition.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS