Community woodshop ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temp626

New User
Tom
Does anyone know of a member based, community woodworking shop anywhere in the NC area? ( Charlotte, Raleigh, Durham, Greensboro, Etc.)

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Charlotte Woodworkers is a comunitty group with 2 shops I believe. If I rememeber right ones near the amusement park and there were putting one together in Matthews

NCJim

Jim
User
Charlotte Woodworkers is a comunitty group with 2 shops I believe. If I rememeber right ones near the amusement park and there were putting one together in Matthews

The Charlotte Woodworkers shop is off Airport Road near the airport. They closed the Mathews shop.

Chips

New User
Gill.
there is a wood shop just open on Scaleybark rd, haven't stopped by yet,
next time I'm in Charlotte I will. close to the rail line.

NCJim

Jim
User
there is a wood shop just open on Scaleybark rd, haven't stopped by yet,
next time I'm in Charlotte I will. close to the rail line.

Do you know the address of that shop...name...or any other info? I am interested, not too far from my house.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
In Raleigh, NC State's woodshop is open to the public for a fee I believe and they also have fairly inexpensive classes taught there, which include use of the shop. Check their website for details.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
yes I didn't know what they did as I didn't stop. :BangHead: thank for letting me know
Don't worry about it! Didn't want people to drive in from out of town looking for it. Glad you were paying attention to what was in front of you! Next time you're in that area cross over South Blvd. and visit Blume Supply. It's a tool shop geared for the trades with a good amount of woodworking equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS