Commission Offer: Custom Window Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
My boss lives in a 1930's colonial in the historic district of Sanford, NC. He is wanting to replace a few windows which have been damaged over the years. Due to repairs/ additions to his home requiring approval by the historic committee, these windows need to be wooden to match the rest of the house. While not necessarily the most complicated project, it is above my ameteur skill set, so I am offering the project to the "advanced" members.

Below is a message from the homeowner:

I need to replace 3 windows in a 1930's era brick house. The windows were all replaced in 1996 and are wood, tilt in windows with full dividers (NOT surface mounted). One of the windows needs to be replaced because it has rotted due to water damage, the other two are an oddball size, and currently have normal size windows installed with a 3" gap at the top. The house is a historic district home, so anything but wood is not an option.

It seems that no one makes/sells/installs all wood windows anymore (all are vinyl clad or alluminum clad).

I am hoping for a turnkey installation without spending a fortune. Does anyone have any suggestions as to who could help me with this??

Thanks in advance!

Skymaster

New User
Jack
If you can, PM with pics? and dimensions and an other info, I have the tools,etc just wood like to see exactly what is needed
Jack:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS