Friday
Friday lineup.gif

Saturday
Saturday lineup.gif

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
There has been much interest in the lathe and scroll saw stands at the show. I hope we can put some plans up on our web-site for those interested in the design.

I think I heard someone say there was even and offer to buy one of the lathe stands.

- Ken.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Something has come up and I won't be able to go to Hickory.

I hope someone can fill the 10 am slot.

Maybe next time...

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
There has been much interest in the lathe and scroll saw stands at the show. I hope we can put some plans up on our web-site for those interested in the design.

I think I heard someone say there was even and offer to buy one of the lathe stands.

- Ken.

I will agree with whatever NCWW wants to do. If you folks want to give out the plans , I think that would serve to promote woodworking and that is a major part of our mission. The only problem is there are no plans - they were in my head and now they are in the wood - I guess somebody could measure and draw a set.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Friday was a great deal of fun. I talked with alot of people about the website. The demos were great and generated a great deal of interest and questions. I hope someone will post pictures.

Steve H.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Day 1 is done and it was great Mike Smith led off and the great presentations just kept on coming. Alan's I-BOX demo was a grand slam. More to come tomorrow.

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
We can fill the 10 o'clock-12 o'clock slot, and just keep doing the Victorian Turning Skills thing. I am making instruments, and Alan is making whatever he chooses, all using the same skill set, handmade tools, and cheap lathes.

~M.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
As for the plans for the lathe stand, we had one senior citizen to show for the pen turning demo @ 4:00. He was only interested in the stand & brought out a sketch pad & pencil to write down the details. He said he'd make the dimensions fit his needs. I'm sure they gave lots of folks ideas as I saw several attendees there of both genders in wheelchairs eyeing the setups.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
More good news. We have had a ton of public support and interest in out out reach program. This came from individuals, other clubs and even manufacturer representatives Some were impressed to the point that they give cash donations. :icon_thum

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
More good news. We have had a ton of public support and interest in out out reach program. This came from individuals, other clubs and even manufacturer representatives Some were impressed to the point that they give cash donations. :icon_thum

Excellent - Many thanks to all involved.

Just a thought, If you happen to see a wheelchair-bound attendee, ask them if they would give the short lathe a run. It might promote some more interest and cash and be a great photo op. I hope somebody is selling sponsorships - please

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Late Saturday we showed a gentleman in a wheelchair who is a scroller the adjustable scroll saw stand and he was quite impressed with it. After explaining something about what we were doing with the wounded warriors program he was very enthusiastic about it.

It was great to see such a positive reaction from one of the target audience. I do believe that we can have a positive impact on people's lives with this program.

He was another one interested in plans, BTW.

- Ken.

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Late Saturday we showed a gentleman in a wheelchair who is a scroller the adjustable scroll saw stand and he was quite impressed with it. After explaining something about what we were doing with the wounded warriors program he was very enthusiastic about it.

It was great to see such a positive reaction from one of the target audience. I do believe that we can have a positive impact on people's lives with this program.

He was another one interested in plans, BTW.

- Ken.
HEAR HE IS
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=66705&title=0471&cat=500

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=66706&title=049&cat=500

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showphoto.php?photo=66707&title=0483&cat=500

Hope I did this right. :rolleyes:

Danny

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
One young man in a wheelchair was also very interested in our adjustable height stands. He rolled up to the scroll saw. It turns out he is not a veteran, but a firefighter who became a paraplegic when the fire tanker crashed. There indeed was great interest shown by many people throughout the show.
A special thanks to Melissa and Allen for doing the 2-3 pm demo--I seem to be lacking the energy I had just a few weeks ago. Hope some upcoming medical tests will shed light on why.
It was a really great show. I know there are a very few who think its all about the sellers trying to get your buck, but the show is really for and about the woodworkers. I applaud Coleman Forshee and the entire Klingspor's staff, and their vendors that made it all possible.
A really big ATTABOY! to all the NCWW'ers that put so much into the show at considerable expense of their own money. It was a great weekend, with great people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS