Combining a love for painting in woodworking

Richo B

New User
Richo
I remember years ago posting photos of some of the paintings that I've done in my woodworking projects and getting comments like it wasn't real woodworking or it was considered obscene to cover wood with paint. Ignoring all that I've enjoyed combining both hobbies in some of my creations, especially the puzzle cabinets. For some of my work I've taken advice from Ernest Miller's wife who paints the harpsichords he makes, for what materials to use.

New video shows examples of some of those creations as well as some of the materials I use for anyone else interested in doing that type of work. It includes a painting I'm working on now (different from the one I recently shared) for the Parthenon puzzle cabinet project.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Very cool! I started tole painting in the eighty’s. I still paint some. Haven’t done it in a while. It can be fun. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Richo B

New User
Richo
Very cool! I started tole painting in the eighty’s. I still paint some. Haven’t done it in a while. It can be fun. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Thanks. I'll be posting a video of the Parthenon at some point and that will feature all four completed paintings from the chamber doors.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS