Coffee table almost done

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
Just one more swipe with the finish and attach the top, but this is what the final table looks like. First time working with epoxy and first time doing butterflys and angled m&t - the base is wider at the floor but the pics don't show it very well.

IMG_0967.JPG

IMG_0540.JPG

IMG_0542.JPG

I left a few saw marks, some worm holes and the usual imperfections that apparently only woodworkers can see......

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Mark, beautiful work resulting in a beautiful table! It may have been your first time working with epoxy, butterflies, and angled M&T joints, but your work suggests it was done by and old pro! We miss you at our monthly lunch gatherings!

llucas

luke
Senior User
Now that is one special table. I really like the way the epoxy and bowties set it off. Great job, thanks for sharing.

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Mel, very nice. Could you show a view of the underparts so I could see how you fit the top on?

Roy G

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
Mel, very nice. Could you show a view of the underparts so I could see how you fit the top on?

Roy G
Here it is. Seems like most of the metal legs are just screwed on so I figured the tricky part would be managing a load from either end, so it won't fold up. Side loads should be ok given the way the legs are made. I considered traditional aprons but did not want a lot of structure competing with the top. So I got a little (ahem) " creative" and set this stretcher in half lap joints and it seems pretty solid. On the corner of each leg I will set a figure eight clip, and I might even drill 2-3 oversized holes in the center of the stretcher and put screws in that as well. Since they will run down the center of the top I don't expect a lot of movement..
IMG_0975.JPG

IMG_0974.JPG

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS