CNC

tv74

New User
Todd
It has been quite awhile since I have been on this board, 2-3 years possibly.

I have a question concerning shops/companies in the Raleigh area that would be able to help a client/eq mfc of mine out. They are looking for help with cutting out pieces of sheet goods to build a mock-up of their equipment. They have a full 3D model that is possibly in solid works or is in a step file format that can be utilized to set up the cnc patterns. The equipment to be mocked up is not necessarily small, something like 3 meters long by 2.5 meters high by 1 meter deep. Does anyone have a suggestion on what companies might have these capabilities? Thank you for any information.

Todd V

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Depending on when it's broken down how big the pieces are, you might be able to get it done on a 4'x8' CNC machine. The long side of 3 meters if it can be broken down into 2 portions then it might fit. I've got a 4'x8' CNC so shoot me a message and we can see if I can help out.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
It has been quite awhile sinchave a question concerning shops/companies in the Raleigh area ...The equipment to be mocked up is not necessarily small, something like 3 meters long by 2.5 meters high by 1 meter deep. Does anyone have a suggestion on what companies might have these capabilities?

Tarheel Filing is another option.

tv74

New User
Todd
Depending on when it's broken down how big the pieces are, you might be able to get it done on a 4'x8' CNC machine. The long side of 3 meters if it can be broken down into 2 portions then it might fit. I've got a 4'x8' CNC so shoot me a message and we can see if I can help out.
I apologize for not knowing how to send a message but the basis of the 3 meters is a 1.9 meter piece. My belief is it can all be accomplished within 4x8 sheets, multiples. Once I have figured out how to message you, I can provide some additional information.
Thanks

Todd V

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I apologize for not knowing how to send a message but the basis of the 3 meters is a 1.9 meter piece. My belief is it can all be accomplished within 4x8 sheets, multiples. Once I have figured out how to message you, I can provide some additional information.
Thanks

Todd V

Just sent you a message (called Conversations here)

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks

Todd V
New members are restricted from sending private messages (conversations) due to previous abuse.

blackhawk

Brad
Corporate Member
Your client will need to break down the 3D Solidworks file or step file into 2D pieces for the CNC to cut. The most common and universal 2D format to use would be DXF. It would also be good to have the files in inches. No one that I know works in metric units. I could cut these for you but I am in Virginia. www.southwestwood.com

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS