cnc router

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanJohnston

New User
dan
We're making ribs for surfboards and even when we gang them up it takes time. Anyone have suggestions for small scale cnc machine. I need something that can handle 2' by 36" or better but need to keep cost down. Used is fine or home build that's working.
thanks,
dan
www.blinddogsurfboards.blogspot.com

timf67

New User
Tim
My company has a CNC router, but the pricing on those are... :swoon: You may want to look into laser cutting systems as well. You can get a used Epilog Legend 36EXT for ~25K. Just Google "Epilog Legend 36EXT price. It should work for shaping and boring, but not sure how fast they are.

mikeacg

New User
Mike
Dan,

I am up in Wilmington and can help you to better understand CNCs and laser engravers. I have a 48" shopbot Buddy (with a 12' powerstick) that can handle what you need and run an Epilog laser so you could see the difference to judge which would work better for what you do. If the Buddy is out of your price range, I saw a Stinger at a Vectric meeting over the weekend which may be a better solution because of price and size. I run both CNC routers and lasers and would be glad to help you decide which way to go. PM me and we can talk...

Tony,

I talked with the people from Camaster and saw their Stinger over the weekend. Price is closer to $5500 but it is a sweet machine and the rotary attachment is $1200. Here is a link to the machine I saw running: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l3u85D1B5o

James,

I don't know how far away you are but you can see my machine any time. If you can't make it down to Wilmington, I can find you someone closer.

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Mike,

The next time that I am down that way I will get in touch with you to see your operation.

Thanks,

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS