CNC Router Owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Does anybody near Charlotte have access to one of these? I need to make some templates out of clear plastic, Maple and maybe Aluminum. Longest piece is ~20".

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I've wondered the same thing. Would love to have some CNC Templates for the guitars made eventually... Good luck hopefully someone has one local.. :)

Blink

New User
Kevin
I don't know if I would be considered as local, Burlington, but I have a cnc and would be happy to work with you on cutting these out.

fergy

New User
Fergy
You can also give New Wave Acrylics a call. That's where I have my stuff cut. He's also got a laser. I've had a bunch of templates made there, and he can do aluminum, acrylic and maple with no issue.

Colin Helms

Colin
User
Mark,
I just got one from Rockler, CNC SharkPro HD. I'm in the learning stages, not ready to do work for other people. Don't want to mess up your products while I am learning.

Colin Helms

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Mark,
I just got one from Rockler, CNC SharkPro HD. I'm in the learning stages, not ready to do work for other people. Don't want to mess up your products while I am learning.

Colin Helms

What kind of files will SharkPro HD take? Can it take DXF files? I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the Shark. I wouldn't mind having one eventually to do the routes and body cuts on the guitars.. :)

Colin Helms

Colin
User
Kevin,
Yes it will take DXF files and about 8 more different files. I'm impressed with the machine right now, haven't done that much yet, still learning. There are a bunch of people who use this machine and others like it to do work on guitars. Your welcome to come by my place and have a look at it. You can download the software from Vectric and play with it on your computer and join the forum (free) to find out how to work on it.
Colin

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Kevin,
Yes it will take DXF files and about 8 more different files. I'm impressed with the machine right now, haven't done that much yet, still learning. There are a bunch of people who use this machine and others like it to do work on guitars. Your welcome to come by my place and have a look at it. You can download the software from Vectric and play with it on your computer and join the forum (free) to find out how to work on it.
Colin

I'll have to go download the software. So I can take a look at the DXF files. I'll take you up on the offer to come look at the system. I'd be interested in hearing about your learning curve as you progress through using it.

Thanks for the info..

Colin Helms

Colin
User
Kevin,
It's VcarvePro 6.5, that is the software provided with the CNC. Look forward hearing from you to see my unit in action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS