CNC for Rent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umich684

New User
Jake
Have a sign to make, and looking to put a wood blank(20x60ish) in a CNC machine to mill out a logo that has a lot of text in it (something I couldn't carve crisply). Anyone know of such a CNC machine that would be avaliable? I've input the design in AutoCAD, and can transfer to CNC protocol, just need someone to load and set the blank...any help?

Thanks,
-Jake

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I went to the maker's faire in Durham on Sunday. I thought my kids would enjoy it but they were bored stiff. But I found out about this site:
http://www.100kgarages.com/
where people with fabrication equipment sign up to offer their services. There are a bunch in NC; not sure how close to you any are. EDIT - Looks like Hickory is the closest with a sign maker there.

BrianInChatham

New User
Brian
I don't know if anyone on here has any experience with Tech Shop Durham. It's a neat idea and they're nice people- basically a shop co-op, leans more towards metal working but they do have a CNC wood router (ShopBot IIRC). Here's their website: http://techshoprdu.com/

sushinutnc

New User
Mike
TechShopRDU is pretty far away from Charlotte. Are you willing to drive to Raleigh? I can post a message on our TechShop forum... or you can yourself, but you'll need to create a user account. The shop JUST re-opened this week after a long move. A lot of the members have been waiting eagerly to get back on the equipment, so availability may be an issue. I haven't taken the class on the ShopBot yet, so I can't help you out myself.

PM me with details, if you would like me to assist in finding someone at TechShop who might be willing to help you. I also suggest 100kgarages. Some of the TSRDU'ers are fabbers on there.

James Davis

New User
James Davis
Give these folks a call. The last time I was in there he told me that CNC work was all that he was doing now. I know it is a haul, but if he can help you out it may not be too far.

James

Tarheel Filing Company

• (919) 231-3323
3400 Lake Woodard Dr, Raleigh, NC 27604

mikeacg

New User
Mike
I can ask on the ShopBot forum if you want someone closer. Otherwise, come to the beach. There are a few of us with CNCs over here.

ncguy77

New User
Jim
Give these folks a call. The last time I was in there he told me that CNC work was all that he was doing now. I know it is a haul, but if he can help you out it may not be too far.

James

Tarheel Filing Company

• (919) 231-3323
3400 Lake Woodard Dr, Raleigh, NC 27604

You know its hard for me to take seriously a company nowdays that has ZERO web presence. I was referred to this place by someone years ago, I went there, and I cant even remember what they did or sold me (and no I didn't need filing).

The next time someone goes in there maybe you can suggest that they invest $50 a year and an hour or two to upload a picture and tell us what they do or sell.

Register.com says tarheelfiling.com is available

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
You know its hard for me to take seriously a company nowdays that has ZERO web presence. I was referred to this place by someone years ago, I went there, and I cant even remember what they did or sold me (and no I didn't need filing).

The next time someone goes in there maybe you can suggest that they invest $50 a year and an hour or two to upload a picture and tell us what they do or sell.

Register.com says tarheelfiling.com is available

Agree; it's really ironic that I feel I have to have one for making medieval woodwinds. :rolf:

Anyway, it's like having a phone or sign on the door these days.

atripp

New User
Andy
Jake,
I am located in Charlotte and would like to discuss your project with you. I just sent you a pm.
Thank you.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS