Closing up my garage shop

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Hi all. I was pretty active here around when the site was first turning into what it is today; I remember the discussions about membership and such. Especially around 11 or 12 years ago I was going on shop crawls, hosted my garage at one, brought my family to a big picnic meeting we had, and posted daily. You can probably still find pictures and posts from me if you search around in here. My point is I always had and continue to have a fond place in my heart for this community.

It's with a heavy heart that I've decided to sell off all my larger items and give up most of my space in the garage. I have not been using it enough in the last several years to justify not having a parking spot in there and it just makes me feel guilty when I go in there. I will keep some hand tools and probably the drill press, but will sell off mostly everything else. Perhaps if I have the money in 10 years and I get the itch again I will build a new shop in the backyard. The reason I am posting here is that I wanted to notify this community first before I put up lists on craigslist and ebay, to give you first dibs in case you needed anything and at a very good price. I have a Grizzly Band saw, 8" jointer, and dust collector. Rigid planer, sander. EZ Smart (eurakazone) track stuff, some wood (including some 2" walnut), and lots of other items (router table, Domino joiner, large circular saw, etc.). I haven't done a full inventory yet.

If you are interested I would be happy to let you walk through. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at pvquad@gmail.com or post here. I wasn't sure where to post this because I don't have access to everything I used to here but I didn't want to just post a list on craigslist without giving a heads up here first. This site really gave me my start in woodworking.

Regards,
Peter Quadarella

UPDATE: The sale is over! Thanks everyone.

Last edited:

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Sorry to hear you havent the time to really get use out of your shop. Glad you thought of us first when selling your items, and I am sure they will find good homes!

Hope you stay connected with the community so that if you do get the itch in 5 or 10 years you have a home to return too!

Good luck!

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Thanks! Every so often I check back in here to see what's going on, so it would definitely be my first stop if I decide to jump back in.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I'm turning 80 this year. I'm still working on my shop cabinets etc. When I read PeteQuad's post it gives me age shock. I love my shop and woodworking, but how much longer am I going to get to use it? Such thoughts drift across my mine from time to time. I guess this is something all us woodworker think about. Troublesome little gremlin on our shoulders, the little rascal. In closing I always remember the old sign I found in a woodshop. "For God sake don't let my wife sell these tools for what I told I paid for them"

Pop :cool:

gamiller3rd

Pappy
Senior User
Hi all. I was pretty active here around when the site was first turning into what it is today; I remember the discussions about membership and such. Especially around 11 or 12 years ago I was going on shop crawls, hosted my garage at one, brought my family to a big picnic meeting we had, and posted daily. You can probably still find pictures and posts from me if you search around in here. My point is I always had and continue to have a fond place in my heart for this community.

It's with a heavy heart that I've decided to sell off all my larger items and give up most of my space in the garage. I have not been using it enough in the last several years to justify not having a parking spot in there and it just makes me feel guilty when I go in there. I will keep some hand tools and probably the drill press, but will sell off mostly everything else. Perhaps if I have the money in 10 years and I get the itch again I will build a new shop in the backyard. The reason I am posting here is that I wanted to notify this community first before I put up lists on craigslist and ebay, to give you first dibs in case you needed anything and at a very good price. I have a Grizzly Band saw, 8" jointer, and dust collector. Rigid planer, sander. EZ Smart (eurakazone) track stuff, some wood (including some 2" walnut), and lots of other items (router table, Domino joiner, large circular saw, etc.). I haven't done a full inventory yet.

If you are interested I would be happy to let you walk through. If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at pvquad@gmail.com or post here. I wasn't sure where to post this because I don't have access to everything I used to here but I didn't want to just post a list on craigslist without giving a heads up here first. This site really gave me my start in woodworking.

Regards,
Peter Quadarella
Weddington, NC
What kind of jointer and price please.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
It's a G0490X. The X is not on the body which I complained to Grizzly about but they said the only difference at the time was the spiral cutterhead which it does have. I have not been sure what to price things at yet and have been telling people $1000 but am thinking $950 is a better price since it does have a superficial blemish on the top (I can probably buff it out but I haven't tried yet).

Some other larger items I didn't mention are a Milwaukee sliding compound miter saw and a Blum Tool company Bench Horse (I have two and will be keeping one). Also my sander and planer are on a flip top mobile cabinet - very space efficient, if anyone is interested in that. I'm sorry I don't have a full list with prices yet - I posted here preemptively and when I get my inventory done I will probably post the whole thing on craigslist. But I will do my best to promptly answer any inquiries I get here.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Sorry that you're closing up shop but you've decided that it's time.
As you put together your inventory you could post your list here along with the model number, size, and your asking price.

We both joined NCWW in 2008. Time sure doesn't stand still!

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I am starting my list and will post it here when I am done in a week or so. I am not really in a rush for any of this so sorry if it seems like I am dragging this out - I'm just doing it when I get to it. I'll give you guys a head start of a day or 2 before I also put it on craigslist. Also I want to say that if you feel my price is wrong, please feel free to say so. You will not insult me and I am trying to clean house.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I never got into turning for fear of the GAS it would trigger, although I figured I would eventually succumb. But now, maybe not. I do have some gouges and such that are more for carving though. I will have to dig them out with the rest of everything.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
I'm turning 80 this year. I'm still working on my shop cabinets etc. When I read PeteQuad's post it gives me age shock. I love my shop and woodworking, but how much longer am I going to get to use it? Such thoughts drift across my mine from time to time. I guess this is something all us woodworker think about. Troublesome little gremlin on our shoulders, the little rascal. In closing I always remember the old sign I found in a woodshop. "For God sake don't let my wife sell these tools for what I told I paid for them"

Pop :cool:
me 3 Pop

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
It's the 500 model I believe. I have all the attachments and at least 5 bits and another systainer with a bunch of tenons in it. I was thinking the whole lot for $900.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
I got a lot of questions about the Domino so I guess I should say it is tentatively gone (pending pickup). Thanks for all the interest.

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
Just letting you all know I am working hard on this. I will have a spreadsheet with photos of everything and prices. I am dropping the prices on everything since there is so much to move and I want to get this over with. There is a lot of sharpening stuff and tons of router bits, a lot of Blum Tool Co. stuff (I love that guy's equipment) and I am not sure how to figure out all the EZ Track (eurakazone) stuff. I was a heavy investor in that solution and loved it (it took the place of a panel saw and table saw for me). If anyone wants to use it I would dump lots of parts for cheap.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS