Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Clocks can be as easy or as hard as you want to make em. If you go with a quarts type push in movement, it shouldn't be hard at all. Building a basic clock isn't very hard. You just need the right router bits. You'll need a method of removing the back to get to the clock to change the battery or adjust the dials. Check out your local clock store for ideas. The clock store in Cary Town center has loads of good examples, and the guy that runs the place (John I think is his name) is more than happy to talk to you about making a clock. He loves to see people making their own. He says it's a dying art.

M

McRabbet

The clock you illustrate has a simple battery-powered clock movement that pushes into a hole cut with a large forstner bit. Woodcraft carries a variety of movements like these or go to www.klockit.com for many choices.

Rob

DavidF

New User
David
Simple design doesn't necessarily mean simple to make look good. A square box can look really bad if badly executed.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Andy,

As Rob suggested, go online to: http://www.klockit.com/cat_quick_ord.aspx
and order a catalog. They have a ton of kits and really cool ideas to incorporate a clock into your designs. Many just require you to drill a hole for the mechanism's with a forstner bit and design the case around that!

I am sure that coupled with some of your box designs, you could come up with some pretty neat designs!

Wayne

Arcrist

New User
Andy
What is the lumber pack im seeing on that site. They offer a plan and lumber pack for $7.99. Thats the plan and the wood boards?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I am not seeing the "lumber pack" you speak of but there are kits that come with pre-cut wood on that site. You can tell from the price. I don't think at 7.99 they include the wood. But I could be wrong, do you have a specific link to what you are refering to?

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Yea, that kit comes with the wood. But you have to pay $180 more for the clock movements:eusa_doh: I saw some others that were much less expensive $40-60 ramge and had everything included.
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS