Clever storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
I have no idea where this is, nor do I have any idea who made it, but it impressed me enough that I thought I'd share it here.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
While unique, I wonder how they avoided necessary pickets and handrails on that side. It would seem hazardous.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
That, too. I assumed the drawers didn't go full depth and they were counting on a cantilever from a center stringer with the risers supporting the treads.

thsb

New User
Tim
It seems like it would be possible to have the stringer, with part of the cabinet blocked by it, and a couple of drawers simply being false fronts. And it seems like you could put a rail in without destroying the design.

I think it is a pretty cool idea, particularly in a place with limited space. I would probably use a slightly different design that didn't try to maximize all of the space (probably a more traditional looking cabinet with nice trim around it), but the concept is intriguing.

at our house the space under the steps (or at least the tallest part of it) is where we have our network and phone setup.

cskipper

Cathy
On the bottom three stairs - could you have drawer dividers that would serve as a stringer support? They could notch in to other frame support. This being said by one of the few members who has never built furniture of any kind - lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS