Clear vinyl porch curtains?

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Want to enclose my back porch with clear vinyl porch curtains for the winter. Lots of different options, too many actually. I am asking for an endorsement of a particular brand. I do not want to spend thousands of dollars on this, and I will do the install myself. Anyone been down this road?

Last edited:

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
This is what I used on my open shed side come in different sizes.
clear garden tarp

you can also buy 13 mil clear in a roll but it costs more and you have to figure a way to attach. This one is not clear like glass but this can take a wind storm

Langd002

New User
Scott
We followed this DIY video (
) 3 years ago and it worked well. Taping the seams accurately and even on the large vinyl pieces was challenging. We used the DIY brass grommets which worked well but took some time to install. The Vinyl has little insulation value and attaching the Vinyl with grommets and screws means the edges are not air-tight so the wind blows through. I estimate the Vinyl provides a +10F temperature difference during an average day. We have not used the space with supplemental heating.

You will need a space to store the vinyl during the summer when not in use. Setting up in the Fall takes 2-3 hours and the same taking down in the early Spring.

Be sure to get the marine grade Vinyl meant to be in the Sun. Our Vinyl is still clear and looking great after 3 years.

Scott Langdon
Efland NC

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS