Clean up time

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I finally decided it was time to do some thinning out of my cutoff pile.
The stack is a bit over 3 1/2' wide, 2 1/2' high and 5' deep.
This is the stuff that is really scrap and it's headed to the burn pile at my sons house.

Next I have to go through my "Good Scraps" to see what I really want to keep!

Decisions, Decisions, Decisions . . . . .

pete

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Pete, you are a lot more disciplined than I am. I just can't seem to bring myself to do what you're doing: YET! :no:

Bill

bwat

New User
Bill
This is part of my wood disase, can't do it unless I am forced to...like making room for a new tool.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
The space in my shop would double if I could just find the discipline to discard the marginal cutoffs. - Ken.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
How many times have we said "Better keep that. I could probably use it for something"?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I use small stuff like that all the time. If anybody has small scraps, especially of exotics, please let me know. I'd love to have it.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I use small stuff like that all the time. If anybody has small scraps, especially of exotics, please let me know. I'd love to have it.

+1 to what Mike says all the stuff I get is someones castoffs remember one mans scrap is another mans glue ups:rotflm:

Thanks
Mark

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mike / Mark: Y'all wouldn't believe the QSO that gets burned in my BBQ pit.... I'll have to start setting some aside.

Scott

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Most pens can be turn from scraps that are 5/8" square by 5" long. It ain't scrap until it is sawdust.

richlife

New User
Rich
I like that last idea, Bill. And here's hoping next time I'll actually be able to make it to the picnic!

Discarding scraps is a huge problem. Or rather, not discarding them. I collect the smallest stuff in paper bags to use or give away as kindling (the "kindling" wood has gotten larger over the years). "Usable stuff" collects -- ever notice that? Some I use for testing router and saw setups, etc. But the "good scrap" bin overfloweth.

Rich

jdulaney

New User
John
I also do model boats, trains, etc. and small stuff is very useful (althought I may have a lifetimes supply of 3/4X3/4 maple thanks to a cabinet maker I meet at Merlefest every year).

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Mike, I just sold out of what I had, but I've got another log set up awaiting milling. Probably later this year.

Can you let me know when you get some 5/4 QS sycamore in 10-12 inch widths? I'd probably take a couple hundred dollars worth.

pviser

New User
paul
I agree with several of my colleagues above. Just last week, I finally used some cherry shorts by drum sanding them down to 1/8" (using double-sided tape on a 3/4" panel of plywood), then using this thick veneer to make sock feet for my latest table project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS