Classifieds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Seems like I can't see any classifieds newer than 2/8/12. Thought I had entered enough of the drawings and made enough donations to be able to enter all portions of the website. Please advise, Guy

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Guy,

Before we chase our collective tails over something that is probably nothing, would you be kind enough to clear your web browser's cache, close the browser, wait a minute or two, then restart your web browser and reconnect to NCWW.

My money is on your browser fetching a rather old version of the Classifieds from your browser's cache. I just finished taking a quick look at our Classifieds and I could not find anything even approaching 2/18 in age.

Succeed or fail, please let us know whether this resolves your issue. Browser caches are great in that they reduce bandwidth demands and allow your browser to render pages faster, but sometimes browsers cache too aggressively and wind up holding onto antiquated data long after it should have expired resulting in annoyances like this.

DanR

New User
Dan
Is this the link you are using:

Classifieds

There is nothing older than May 2012, so if you are seeing Feb I am thinking you might be looking at the old classifieds forum.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Okay, I tried that, cleared everything, waited, reconnect to NCWW, and same result, can't see anything newer than 2/8. Guy

Guy, barring a truly bizarre bug that is unique to your account (it can happen) your issue almost certainly has to be a caching issue as we have to provisions on this site to limit a class of users to only antiquated listings.

I believe you are using Firefox 13 on Win7x64. You should also have Internet Explorer 8/9 installed with your PC. Please try accessing the site using IE and let me know if you get the same result (old ads) or the proper result (current ads). I am very much looking forward to your answer on this. You might also try enabling Private Browsing in Firefox (Tools->Start Private Browsing) and see if this helps in the short term.

Please know that your ability to view classified ads is in no way dependent upon your participation in raffles or fund raising -- we are not that sort of site. ;)

I appreciate your patience in this matter.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Okay. I think I got this figured out. When I click on the Classifieds tab at the top of the web page, the new classifieds page comes up. However, that is not my normal method, as I prefer to click on the Forum tab at the top, then scroll down to the classifieds, and I end up on the old page. Guess a link needs updating.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Guy,

Thank you for elaborating on how you were finding Classifieds. The only current Classifieds is the Classifieds tab at the top of the page, and the classified's promo sidebar.

The "Classifieds" you were navigating to is an old forum that has been used off-and-on during periods either predating our "true" Classifieds plugin, or during periods (such as during the upgrade period) where there was a transition in the Classifieds plugin and the feature was unavailable for a period. The "Classifieds" forum has been locked to new posts since early February because that is when the new Classifieds plugin officially went online.

It exists solely for legacy reasons. For the time being I've gone ahead and hidden the forum from view to avoid further confusion.

I'm happy to hear you have it all sorted out for now and apologize for the confusion this created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors