Classified ad comment moderation and bumping rules.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Jimmy C posted something in someones Classified ad I'd deem out of line. I only stumbled across it, so I realize its 3 months late.

While I agree the ad is a bit pricey, this was not nice.

I'll leave it to real Moderators to call it, but my vote is to strike his comment from the ad.

This is a double pointed email. Do we monitor ad comments for moderation?

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=183

Jim
Posted By: JimmyC(0)
03-18-2009 11:20
Are you kidding ?
(Delete)

Last edited:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Re: Hes at it again........

I think you are exactly right. Big Dog's comments are almost off line.

M

McRabbet

Re: Hes at it again........

The comment has been there since mid-March, so I think we lost our opportunity to delete it or either of those that followed it. That doesn't mean we could not delete the comments now, but the OP has just bumped his ad for the third time which brings me back to what we already talked about. We need to limit the number of bumps on ads. IHMO we should limit bumping to once -- that allows an ad to run for two months. This one is over four months old (and I agree, has little chance of succeeding at the price he is asking).

We should have a Moderator for our Ads. I'd volunteer, but I already have General Woodworking, Safety & Health, Link Library and Download Library.

toolman

Administrator
Chad
They would be very unhappy if someone posted that on there Ad.. Good call but Rob is right it is to late now.. :cool:

I will volunteer to Moderate the Ads.. Just let me know.. :cool:

M

McRabbet

I think it is ScottM's call -- I'd prefer to see your energy and talent stay with the technical side of our staff -- you're excellent in that role and IMHO I think the Moderators can cover this one easliy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors