clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
I know the cliche about not having enough clamps, but I really don't and I had abut 14 frame and panel doors to glue up. Here's a quick and easy jig I made to get the job done. I'm sure others have come up with the same idea, but I thought I'd share it.

IMAG0438.jpg

IMAG0439.jpg

IMAG0440.jpg

IMAG0436.jpg

It's just a wedge system, but I was able to clamp multiple doors at the same time.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's a really good idea. Wedge clamping has been around for a long time, but I don't think that I have ever seen it executed like that. You should really consider sending that in to some of the woodworking publications...I see a top tip, easily :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

J

jeff...

Wow what a cool idea - I agree with the others send it in as a top tip - thanks for sharing, awesome use of brain power :icon_thum

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
I have build a may o doors and have never thought of that :BangHead: :BangHead: I always wait for the first set to dry then do the next :slap: Great idea I am with the others send it in:icon_thum

Mark Anderson

New User
Mark
i too have used wedge clamping many times, but the idea of the dowels and staking is brilant.

.......maybe that's why i have never though of it :eusa_doh:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Way cool and effective idea Nelsone :icon_thum Thanks for sharing and don't forget to submit to a magazine.

Mike,
FYI, Rockler is offering free shipping to our area to "make up" for closing the G'boro store.

Direct quote from Rockler flyer
"Afer January 15, please take advantage of FREE Shipping on our website . . . Just enter code RTA60 in the promotion code box when checking out. This free shipping offer ends March 15, 2007 . . . . Offer starts January 16, 2007 and ends March 15, 2007."

Roger

nelsone

New User
Ed
Hey guys, thanks for the kind response! I may just have to send it in to one of the mags. Ya never know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS