clamps wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Anyone seen any good deals on clamps?

I will be starting a Hal taylor chair in the next month or 2.
I don't have a bunch of clamps and from the glue ups It looks like I a will be needing a bunch of clamps.

So looking to find a good deal on some.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
No experience with these Bessey clones but WC has them on sale for $99:
http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2005903/30188/Woodcraft-Parallel-Clamp-Set.aspx

147258P_400.jpg

Bryan S

Bryan
I was going to suggest the Woodcraft set but Mark beat me to it. That is about as good a deal as you will get. I have several of the 24 in, and they are a good clamp. They have been re branded Woodriver as the Woodcraft house brand and as far as I know, they are still made by Bessy for Woodcraft.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
John,
I have 8 or 12 - 4' pipe clamps (I'll check tomorrow if you're interested) hanging on the shop wall that were used for a few months to build cabinets for our remodel; been there for 3 yrs so I'd have to check them out for condition, but they look fine. With our big move coming up I plan to sell them; you could buy the whole clamp(s) with the silver Rockler pipe or just the mechanisms if you needed them shipped. Let me know if you want any details. Good luck on your new project!!:icon_thum

Russ

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
Thanks everyone I will look at the woodcrafts ones.

Russ let me know what you have and which ones.

Maybe we can work something out.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
John,
I have 12 of these clamps: Rockler Sure-Foot Plus (Rockler # 30921) and Rockler's 48" zinc-plated pipes (#26275); they sell them separately. The clamps are in like-new condition (once I wipe the dust off) but the pipes have some glue runoffs and occasional tooth marks where they were really cranked on, but not enough to interfere with the clamps function; all appear to be dead-straight, which is a big benefit of pipe clamps. Coining another NCWWer's quote, they'll last a lifetime if you die when you're supposed to.

On a per clamp basis, they cost me ~$32 each (+ shipping); I'll sell them individually for $26 each including shipping OR $22.50 each if you take them all. If you're interested, PM me back. Thanks,
Russ

Dan Bowman

New User
Dan Bowman
for lighter duty bar clamps, check Cripe Distributing. Best prices I've seen. Perfect for bent laminations and smaller glue-ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS