CL: RBI Hawk Scroll Saw $300

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
rbi Hawk Precision Scroll Saw - $300 (Kannapolis)

Reply to:sale-prxxu-1184584851@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-22, 10:01PM EDT

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/tls/1184584851.html

barely used , like new condition

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
3k63p93l6ZZZZZZZZZ95ma169629693421346.jpg

PostingID: 1184584851

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
I would like this saw. Email sent, but usually all my craigslist emails bounce back. Not sure why but I am overseas so that may be an issue.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I have been communicating with this person about all day today and they still have this machine - If anyone is interested

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
I am...

interested. Actually more than interested, I want the machine. My email did bounce back.

Can someone relay a message to the owner. Please have them contact me at:
guy.belleman"xxx"@pac.dodea.edu without the "xxx"

I am arriving back in Virginia in the middle of June, and can pick it up after June 14th.

Thank-you,
Guy Belleman

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Re: I am...

interested. Actually more than interested, I want the machine. My email did bounce back.

Can someone relay a message to the owner. Please have them contact me at:
guy.belleman"xxx"@pac.dodea.edu without the "xxx"

I am arriving back in Virginia in the middle of June, and can pick it up after June 14th.

Thank-you,
Guy Belleman

Guy I forward the e-mails that you sent to me - I hope that you are able to get this machine:eusa_pray

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Saw almost mine

I am in contact with the seller. Thanks to Phil for coordinating contact for me. For some reason all of my emails to craigslist addresses bounce back, probably because I am overseas.

I will post some cuttings as soon as possible.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Re: Saw almost mine

I am in contact with the seller. Thanks to Phil for coordinating contact for me. For some reason all of my emails to craigslist addresses bounce back, probably because I am overseas.

I will post some cuttings as soon as possible.

Glad to help out Guy - You are really going to like this machine:eusa_danc make sure you post some pics of it when you pick it up - I have invite the seller to drop by NCWW but they said that they couldn't cut a straight line - :gar-La; I told them that was ok alot of us don't cut straight lines specially us scrollers:icon_thum

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Not sure this sale is working out

It seems the seller will not (can not) wait. The first $300 takes the saw. My wife says to let it go, as we have had poor experiences with folks needing quick money. Well maybe it will still be available in mid-June. Her telephone number indicates she lives near China Grove, NC, northeast of Charlotte.

Here is the last set of emails I received from the seller.

"I would like to hold the saw for u , but whoever pays first gets it. Like 90% of america, I need the cash.
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect"

-----Original Message-----
From: "Belleman, Guy" <Guy.Belleman"xxx"@pac.dodea.edu> without "xxx"

Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 21:03:18
To: <beth4transport"xxx" @carolina.rr.com> without the "xxx"
Subject: RE: hawk saw _ 704-855-5485

Ms. Putman,

I tried to call, but left a message.

I will take your word on the saw. I will purchase it. If you wish I can send you half now and the other half on pick up. If you can wait until June 14th or later, I will pick it up at your convenience.

Sinerely,
Guy Belleman
Teacher, DoD, Misawa, Japan
Major USMC (retired)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Only mere miles from me, if you are ok to purchase it, go ahead and I will pick it up and hold it for you, I am 10 miles from China Grove. I will not use it, just hold it for you. I can pick it up Monday, that is tomorrow.

TracyP

Tracy
This deal is tentatively done. Guy has sent me a Paypal payment and I have been in phone contact with the seller and will be getting delivery of the saw by Wednesday. Phillip, you have been instrumental in the success of this deal. NCWW ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PChristy

New User
Phillip
:banana::banana::banana::eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc Alright GUY :banana::banana::banana: man that tickles me to death that you are getting this = Thanks Tracy for helping out with this NORTH CAROLINA WOOD WORKERS ROCK:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
You guys rock ... glad you pulled together! That's a great price on what is supposed to be a top of the line saw! Enjoy it and we look forward to seeing your work!

TracyP

Tracy
You guys rock ... glad you pulled together! That's a great price on what is supposed to be a top of the line saw! Enjoy it and we look forward to seeing your work!

Jeremy, you are to be thanked also as you were the initial enabler:rolf:.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
I want to thank all of you...

for making me aware of this deal and then helping me make the transaction happen.

I just came back from a sunset flag retirement ceremony hosted by the military base and the Boy Scouts. As the Assistant District Commissioner, I was proud of the Scouts and how the ceremony went. It was very nice indeed.

Memorial Days are difficult for me anyway. I tend to remember many of my friends who paid the ultimate price during their military careers, many not in battle, but in training accidents. I was a Marine Corps pilot that saw several friends that did not make it out of serious mechanical, weather, or situational problems. The new Harrier jet took several in the early 1980s. I too had some close calls, so I often wonder why I was lucky, and they, and their families were not. I landed one A4 Skyhawk on a civilian field with oil pressure light and rising exhaust gas temperature, to find out later that there was not a drop of oil left in the case and any further delay in my decisions to land would have resulted in a total engine failure and ejection. Then there was the time I was on a maintenance check flight and just happened to have a back seater (not usual), when after running the hydraulic control disconnect, I had a simultaneous runaway trim, and we able to muscle the aircraft to the ground, which I would not have been able to do alone. I shook for several hours after that one. But I was lucky, always brought the aircraft back to the deck. Always got ordnance on target. Always knew which way was up in socked in weather.

However, on this Memorial Day the camaraderie displayed by my online friends at North Carolina Woodworker was fantastic. PChristy posts this wonderful deal on a Hawk scroll saw. In fact, this is a saw that I have been drooling over for several years. I have been looking for one for a while. Eight years ago, I wanted a Hawk, but settled for a less pricey model, that the wife would approve.

Then when one was available, it was being sold by seller needing immediate cash, and would not wait until I could return to the USA from overseas duty. Yet, once again, TracyP steps up, and living only a few miles from the seller, has the ability to accept my PayPal payment, and arrange a pickup.

The loyalty, teamwork, and dedication to fellow woodworkers is amazing. The North Carolina Woodworker works as good as any military unit I have ever been in. All of you deserve a thank-you and a pat on the back for a job well done.

I salute you,
Guy Belleman
Chemistry & physics Teacher, Department of Defense Schools
Assistant District Commissioner, Far East Council, BSA
Major USMC(retired)

M

McRabbet

Semper Fi -- thanks for a great history synopsis and your outstanding service. Kudos to the guys that were in a position to help you seal the deal. Happy Memorial Day to all of our service men and women and heartfelt thoughts to those that didn't return to their families.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors