Citric acid..

Citric acid can clean an old ship's bilge like magic! I think we borrowed KoolAid from the cooks and mixed it 1 to 1 with water and hoped for fairly heavy seas to do the job! Good stuff!

Jeff

Jeff
Corporate Member
Citric acid can clean an old ship's bilge like magic! I think we borrowed KoolAid from the cooks and mixed it 1 to 1 with water and hoped for fairly heavy seas to do the job! Good stuff!
Commercial ships, not US Navy? I found Durants Neck IN the Perquiman's River and it doesn't appear to be a town.

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Have you tried a soft drink? Coke removes rust, and I'm sure Pepsi would do the same. Two bucks a gallon (on sale.)
I remember my dad using pepsi to clean bug splatters and oil residue from windshields on long trips. He would pull in to a service station, tell them to fill it up and return to the car and pour pepsi all over the windshield. After a few minutes the windshield was cleaned with the squeegee.

Commercial ships, not US Navy? I found Durants Neck IN the Perquiman's River and it doesn't appear to be a town.
US Coast Guard. Durants Neck is the historic reference to New Hope, fire department name too. We are on the water not in it! No real town, just a country store in a quiet part of Perquimans County.

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS