Cigar Box Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCraig

New User
Jerry
A couple of months ago, I was at my sons home in Wilmington, NC and noticed he had been saving some of the boxes from the cigars he had bought. I thought some of them would make a neat lamp for his game room.

Cigar_Box_Lamp_0_2.jpg

View image in gallery

View image in gallery

Cigar_Box_Lamp_1.jpg

View image in gallery

jhreed

New User
james
How did you support the lamp rod in the boxes? Unique idea. Now the custom lamp is in the game room. Is he allowed to smoke his cigars there?
James

littlebhuddha

New User
Jim
Great idea! I had some thirty cigar boxes when we moved from San Diego. Didn't know what to do with them. The wife used them mostly for sewing boxes. Hated tossing them for the move. Some of them are quality wood boxes. I wish I had them now. Anybody have any other ideas?

JCraig

New User
Jerry
How did you support the lamp rod in the boxes? Unique idea. Now the custom lamp is in the game room. Is he allowed to smoke his cigars there?
James

James, I used an all thread rod (then put brass tube over it) fastened to the top of the first box, that way you can actually open the top box to use for small storage, the second box is fastened to the bottom of the top box with a short pc. of all thread also, so you can open the second box. The bottom box is fastened the same way to the second box so you can open the bottom box. The bottom box already had felt on it so I did not even have to put any on it. Once I decided how to put it together, it took less than 30 min. to drill the holes and fasten it all together. As far as smoking in the game room, he does not, we usually shoot pool there, so no smoking then. He normally goes to the one of the cigar shops in Wilmington when he does decide to smoke one. He has a number of friends that get together frequently to enjoy a cigar or two. He showed the lamp to the owner of the cigar shop and he is saving a few of the nicer boxes and wants me to make one for him. My sonhas asked me to build a Morris Chair for him, so I guess that will be the next project. I went up to the Woodworking Source in Mooresville a few weeks back and looked at some of the quarter sawed oak that Rick has so I'll probably be making a run up there shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS