Christmas would be different without NCWW

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
In so many ways.
Looking back on this season I realized I had made two bread boards using
Cherry cut offs from another project- cherry from Glen at GPS Hardwoods
Started thicknessing with a scrub plane I got from Mike Davis
Smoothed with a #4 I first tuned up and learned to use at a sharpening workshop at Bill Clemmons’ led by Mike.
Cut to length with a crosscut I learned to sharpen at the same event.
Even poured some pewter into a void in one of them, inspiration thanks to Danmart77
Let’s not forget the teething rattle I turned for my nephew’s new daughter - all turning skills and tools acquired through a list of NCWW’s too long to mention.
And the pen blanks I picked up from Bruce, aka Sawman101, for some friends to gift their daughter.

By the end of the day we’ll probably have a nice fire on the hearth started with a bag of shavings generated in the making of breadboards.

I didn’t even consider this a woodworking heavy season, too busy with other things.
Still, it happened and you were all a part of making it possible. Thanks!
And all the best for everyone in the new year.

bbrown

Bill
User
Yes indeed, so much to be thankful for, this group being prominent among them.
I also could generate a list like 'Smallboat". And the best part was meeting & chatting with folks at their shops, just as much as receiving the chunk of wood, used tool, or whatever.
For those who use Instagram, here's a tour of some incredible turnings from my recent visit to Charlie Stickney's shop (where I purchased a sander)...

Happy Christmas to everyone,
--Bill

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you @smallboat for posting this - as @bbrown said, I too could make a VERY long list of the help, advice and good nature I have received from the site.
One of which I mention often - confidence
I can easily convince myself that something was outside my skill set, and simply by seeing it here or discussing it further and knowing you are talking not only to experts but someone(s) who have done it before and are ready with tips, tricks and any "gotchas" that you should watch out for!

A final "Thank you and Merry Christmas" to @SteveColes for starting this "Band of sawdusters" and all his help and guidance through the years!

MERRY CHRISTMAS to NCWW!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS