Christmas Presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay

New User
Jay
I have had a hard time finding time to log on but I did get some shop time before Christmas to make a few gifts.

A gift for my brother who should be retiring from the submarine service in a couple years. I mounted it in a shadow box for him.

Thanks for looking constructive criticism is welcomed.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice work Jay, all of it :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap The plaque for your brother is really sharp, a wonderful gift and one that I am sure will be cherished. Is the rope trim around the outside flush with the surface or proud? Inlaid or applied? And how did you do the lettering?

Dave:)

sawduster

New User
Robert
Nice work Jay :eusa_clap I really like the submarine emblem. Nice veining and precisely cut lettering . I do not like to do lettering :cry: Yours is smooth and very nicely done
Good job ! :icon_thum

Jay

New User
Jay
Thanks for all your comments. The rope outer ring is flush with the mounting surface. There is no inlay. The lettering was already part of the pattern. I haven't got enough confidence yet to venture beyond the patterns. The ornaments are all 1/8" baltic birch and stack cut. The joy ornament was six deep. The other two were three deep apiece. I was lucky on the lettering because they all came out fine. I used a 2/0 blade and magnifying headgear to get a little closer look. I have started another one though and the letters haven't been quite as easy however. Had one of my A's break on me. Oh well got through the important one in a crunch so can't complain. Again thanks for looking and I appreciate your comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS