Christmas present Scroll saw style

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I made this Manger scene for LOML for Christmas - It is made out of 1/4 stock that is BC/BW and I am not sure what the white wood is - The base is 3/4 Mahagony that I saved from a job we did back in the summer - again sorry about the picture-I will try again later

I cut this box out on the scroll saw after I seen a post about it - It called for the same wood and that is ok but I wanted to add some flare to it so I decided to laminate it with 3/4 and 1/4BC and 1/4 BW - While I was at TracyP's he let me use his drill with a drum sander and then I brought it home and finish sanded it with a hand sander - thanks for looking

I made this clock for a friend and his daughter = I cut the insides out on the scroll saw and the rest on the table saw and router - I wanted to put a pen on it and I decided to cut her number out to hold the pen - TracyP turned the pen for me out od BW

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Wow Phillip, you did a great job on all three projects. Enjoyed having you over.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like Santa's elf, Phillip, has been a busy boy. Those came out great. I am sure they will be cherished for years to come.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Thanks Scott - I sure did enjoy making them - I hope to be making more - I am going to make another manger scene and it will be going to Belgium :eusa_danc- A coworker of LOML wants one to give one to her parents befoe they go back home in January

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
NICE WORK on all the projects! :icon_thum:icon_thum

BUT, watch out hanging round with that TP guy. He'll have you thinking every piece of wood is supposed to be round!!

:rotflm:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
NICE WORK on all the projects! :icon_thum:icon_thum

BUT, watch out hanging round with that TP guy. He'll have you thinking every piece of wood is supposed to be round!!

:rotflm:
All wood starts in the rounded form:dontknow:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
this one slipped under my radar ....not hard to do lately :BangHead:

Nice work bro ! :icon_thum

Thanks Robert, I have really enjoyed making the bowls and the manger scenes - I have finished another scene and putting the last touches on another box - I am looking through everyone of my books to find some more boxes to do - I hope this is not taking me away from the portraits that I really love doing :icon_scra Anyway will post pics of the latest soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS