Christmas Meeting , with some trouble (off topic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Kepley

New User
Randall
Some of our local members had a meeting on the 20th at Mikes house (Shamrock) and as the last time we met we had a great time 2 great demonstration , good food and great discussions. But upon leaving I had some trouble, we all seemed to be leaving around the same time 8:45 - 9ish or so and before I go any further I dont think for one second anyone of our group did this , 1 were all adults and 2 I think we have far to much respect for each other and how hard our we work for money but the main reason Im telling this is Im hopeing someone who left before me possiblie saw someone or noticed someone acting strange or maybe running. Anyway......

When I got to my truck which was parked on the other side of the street across from Mikes house I got in, cranked it up and took off and made it about 5 miles away when I noticed I was getting a flat tire on the front. I pull over and sure enough its almost flat so as I start to get my jack out and preparing to lower my spare I notice my rear tire on the same side is flat also! ! ! Other than being realy Pi$$ed and we all carry one spare, Im stuck. Long story short I call the guy who works for me, he picks me up I leave my truck over night on the highway 20 miles from home, come back this morning in the pouring rain , Jack the truck up , install jackstands (same side) take the tires to get fixed and thats when I find out from the tire store that they were either stabbed or some form of device was placed under the tire so when you take off it stabs the tire and flys out when you get up around 35 or 40. The holes werent holes in the sense that they were round each hole is a perfect triangle.

To top it all off the rear tire had 2 punctures about 5" across from each other dead inline w/ each other and the front tire only had 1 , for some reason the other spike didnt stick. So needless too say Im out of a lot of time and money and I hope and pray no one elses vehicles we messed w/.

Mike lives in a nice neighborhood and my money is on some hard head kids w/ nothing better to do than get into trouble. This is to in no way reflect on Mike or the group he is a Gracious Host and a Fine Craftsman but I want to warn him to keep an eye out for hard heads! Any info would help. Thanks R.K.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
Randall-so sorry to hear about this-I'll talk with some of my neighbors and see if they've heard anything of this sort. We've had alot of Christmas parties on this street the last week so I'll ask around. That's just rotten and I'm pretty surprised. What house were you parked in front of?

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
i hate that man. what turkeys. we had a neighbor or visitor of a neighbor slam into my wife's car back in the summer. of course they swore they knew nothing about it, which is total crap imho.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Sounds lke someone used calthrops: an iron device with four spikes, placed on the ground so that one spike sticks up to hinder enemy cavalry or to puncture pneumatic tires. They were formed in such a way that they no matter how they landed a spike was always facing upwards. It could have happened anywere between Mike's and when you stopped. Might be worth going back through the area.

Sorry for the headache. At least no person was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS