Christmas Goodies

Status
Not open for further replies.

thsb

New User
Tim
two from my secret santa and the Chisels were a gift to myself.... I know i can make a jig myself but hadn't done it so it made a perfect gift.

index.jpg

anyone else get some goodies?

Endless Pursuit

New User
Jeff
Blue Spruce Toolworks marking knife and awl set. Handles are curly maple with a simply stunning finish.

will get a pic up a sap.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I got a gift card from Klingspor - haven't decided yet what it will turn into. Along with some clothes, I also got a nifty hat with two strong LED's in the visor so you can work in the dark. Or under a cabinet, etc.

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I got the exact same thing as last year....NOTHING. At least the wife and had matching gifts...she got nothing also.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
41 inch track for my DeWalt track saw, Grizzly track saw accessory kit (for the two clamps for my Paulk style workbench), and a Collins coping foot. Also a new varmit scope (for another hobby).

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I received a great book, By Hand & Eye by George Walker and Jim Tolpin published by Lost Art Press. This book explains the old methods the Artisans used in furniture design, all based on proportions. I cannot seem to put it down - time to cleanup some old dividers

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have that book, Phil. As I was reading it and working through the exercises I realized that is basically how I have always worked. They do a great job of explaining the process.

cpw

Charles
Corporate Member
LOML and I don't usually exchange gifts. (Well, sometimes she sneaks off and gets something anyway.) We get what we want or need as we can afford it.

That said, I bought more Ryobi One+ Lithium batteries from the BORG while they were on sale, 2fer $99, and a refurbished one of these from CPO Outlets:

large_51990153-ba52-4e13-8926-dbc3b65295f4.jpg

I have a door to hang, and we're going to be replacing the vintage wallpaper and chair rail in the hallway with wainscoting, so it seemed a good time to get one. A friend also gave me some used Ryobi One+ tools, so I now have two drills, two sawzalls, and two circular saws. His NiCd batteries have crapped out and he doesn't want to spring for new ones.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have that book, Phil. As I was reading it and working through the exercises I realized that is basically how I have always worked. They do a great job of explaining the process.
No you don't - you loaned it to me - but...

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
So,
I didn't get in on this post when I should have - but, better late than never!

What did I get?

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!
Six fiction (another Jack Reacher novel by Lee Child, Crimson Shore - Preston & Child, "Thomas Jefferson and the Tripoli Pirates" by Brian Kilmeade, the new Baldacci novel)

PLUS...
Three of the five on my list!

Christmas_2015_1_.jpg

so, this is a win, win, win!
(Meaning, Mike can have his "By hand and eye" back!)

BTW - did anyone read by hound and eye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS