Christmas for Cops

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
So I'm a law enforcement officer and I have been thinking of gifts for my squad this year that will be unique and can be used everyday while on duty. I thought it would be really cool to be able to get some handcuff key turning kits and found that they aren't a thing on the websites I know to look at. Does anyone know of a website where I could order kits to be able to turn handcuff keys and assemble them like I would a pen or keychain?

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Looks like if you could find the metal key part that you could turn a wooden handle and glue it up. Are the keys usually one piece? I've never had personal experience with handcuffs so I don't know what they commonly look like. If you have metal working skills you might make the key part yourself.

Roy G

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
You may need to order normal keys, and cut the grip/handle/finger hold off

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
IGY6! Thanks for doing a tough job out there. Might I suggest doing some Thin Blue Line pens. I have given a few as gifts in the past and they went over well. Blackwood or Ebony and blue acrylic or blue dyed maple.
You could do either long glue ups, or a band in the center.

couple this blank with a bullet kit!!
edit: apparently PSI now offers blanks.
TBL blanks

this ones sharp too
Kit2

Last edited:

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
6084BDDB-46B2-4D57-8B07-8AE07C323586.jpeg

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
You may need to order normal keys, and cut the grip/handle/finger hold off
That's an idea, I may have to try that because I really want to do something unique for just my squad that no one else will have that they can also use everyday on the job.

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
IGY6! Thanks for doing a tough job out there. Might I suggest doing some Thin Blue Line pens. I have given a few as gifts in the past and they went over well. Blackwood or Ebony and blue acrylic or blue dyed maple.
You could do either long glue ups, or a band in the center.

couple this blank with a bullet kit!!
edit: apparently PSI now offers blanks.
TBL blanks

this ones sharp too
Kit2
Pens are great but I really want to go for something super unique and also usable. Pens of course are usable and custom pens are unique but I sell pens and don't want to give them something I already sell because I want them to know I put thought, time and effort in to their gift.

Tgillis

Tonika
Corporate Member
Looks like if you could find the metal key part that you could turn a wooden handle and glue it up. Are the keys usually one piece? I've never had personal experience with handcuffs so I don't know what they commonly look like. If you have metal working skills you might make the key part yourself.

Roy G
Yeah the keys are typically one piece with a key portion at one end and a pointer at the other to be able to double lock the cuffs. I was hoping to find a kit where I could turn the center portion and assemble it. I didnt think it would be a far-fetched idea as there are kits for so many other things...

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Yeah the keys are typically one piece with a key portion at one end and a pointer at the other to be able to double lock the cuffs. I was hoping to find a kit where I could turn the center portion and assemble it. I didnt think it would be a far-fetched idea as there are kits for so many other things...

** reads thread and quickly runs to patent office to file patent on handcuff key kit **

gamiller3rd

Pappy
Senior User
Above my pay grade but could you cut the key in half, turn the barrel, then epoxy the 2 ends into the barrel?
53084F6B-81E3-4EB2-B547-745CE32CE3F8.jpeg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS