Christmas Commission

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
These are Wall Hanging Grandfather Clocks. The top one is made from black walnut and was commissioned as a Present for her son. I worked hard and long hours to complete it and make it as perfect possible. Worked on it all day and up to 11:00 at night to complete it for Christmas. I called the customer to tell her it was ready; customer said that is wonderful, and could she pick it up January 10th. (Watch me slowly deflate and collapse in a mud puddle.) At least she has paid for it!)o_O
32978269-EA86-4C13-8B0B-07F4E4EA3D7E.jpeg
FFC9D79D-11F8-4395-99F5-4454CBD6ED3E.jpeg
5952F328-6F2A-40E2-B376-22C9991A142A.jpeg
15E0D046-FCB0-43D4-8AAA-A5E7901B5EA7.jpeg
FFC9D79D-11F8-4395-99F5-4454CBD6ED3E.jpeg

The bottom clock is cherry with maple facing. I built this one for my wall. Just waiting on the bezel and dial face for completion. The plans for this clock were purchased from Cherry Tree Toys, designer unknown, but most likely Dirk Boelman, Ray Wilkens, or John Nelson. The door on the lower part does open for a neat little hidey place. There is also a door on the back giving access to the quartz movement for setting time and replacing the AA battery.

Last edited:

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bruce, your talent (and patience) are each extraordinary!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Aww shucks......thanks everyone, but I love making little holes in big pieces of wood--it makes them lighter.;)

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Absolutely beautiful work. And even though it's a clock, the piece is timeless. Certainly good enough to wait until Jan 10!

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Absolutely gorgeous work! The lady may not be very "timely" with her gift, but she does know how to give a quality gift!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS