Chris Mathes Presents - Charlotte Woodworkers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I'm pleased to announce that NCWWer Chris Mathes will do a presentation on Pen Turning at this month's Charlotte Woodworkers Meeting.

Hope to see some of you there.

The meeting is TOmorrow April 15th. Information is below.

When and where:

The Charlotte Woodworkers Association monthly meetings are typically held the third Tuesday of the month at 6:30 PM, except in December or as noted in the newsletter.
Members and guests are encouraged to join in the social time starting at 5:30 PM.
Meetings will be held at:

Well of HopeLutheran Church
6400 Old Reid Road
Charlotte, N 28210​

Badabing

New User
Joe
How long do these meetings usually last? I am working tomorrow night but I get done at around 9pm. Will anyone still be hanging around that late?

If not, I will definitely be at the next meeting to get more info on the association. Thanks!

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
How long do these meetings usually last? I am working tomorrow night but I get done at around 9pm. Will anyone still be hanging around that late?

If not, I will definitely be at the next meeting to get more info on the association. Thanks!

Meetings are generally done around 7:30 - 8 pm. Sorry will be deserted by 9pm. Look forward to seeing you next month.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes

it really depends on how many mistakes I make :)

Thanks again for inviting me to do this!

Chris

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Phil - Thanks for the invite (I also joined and became a member!)

Chris - Thanks for the great demo ... I learned a couple things from your techniques that I'll have to try! :thumbs_up

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Glad some of the NCWW'ers came out! Chris's presentation was outstanding! I shot video and will get it on youtube sometime and post it here for everyone to learn from.

Chris did an outstanding job. Many Thanks!

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
Sweet! Looks like I need to join.

You also get 10% off at Klingsplor, which of course you get for free from NCWWer.

But it's nice to be apart of a local group. Most of the members are very experienced and more than willing to help us young bucks out! Not that I'm as young as I was when I started (5) years ago.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Sweet! Looks like I need to join.

I hope you do decide to join (in fact, I was hoping all of the Charlotte-area NCWW members would be involved). It's nice to support WWing in general, and to support a local group is even better.

Though I've put off going for some time now (mainly schedule conflicts), I'm glad I did finally get to go.

TurnStyle

New User
Jon
Chris - You were cool under pressure. Great Job last night! Your pens have inspired me to try some more complex projects.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Glad to hear it was a success! Congrats Chris for doing the presentation. I was planning to go last night, but ended up talking to some folks about some builtins. Sorry I missed out!

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
LOL...tough crowd...whatever. They were a lot of fun. I was a bit nervous at first, but took a little ribbing and that made it all the more fun.

I was given about 30-45 minutes to talk and took about 2 hours. I hope nobody minded, but I wanted to cover the entire process. I received a lot of good questions and had a lot of people approach me after the demo. It was quite a compliment to be asked in the first place, but to have so many good questions.

I hope the members will call on me with questions when they try pens of their own.

TurnStyle...welcome to the site...I hope to see pictures of what you create!

Thanks again for the fun evening...and thanks to Jeremy for keeping me in linke with shop safety :)

Chris

TurnStyle

New User
Jon
LOL - Actually, I was talking about the way Chris rolled along with the bottom section of the pen sticking to the mandrel. No problem, he just went with it. Very cool under pressure.

The people at the meeting were all great. I enjoyed the way they interact.

MikeH

New User
Mike
You also get 10% off at Klingsplor, which of course you get for free from NCWWer.

But it's nice to be apart of a local group. Most of the members are very experienced and more than willing to help us young bucks out! Not that I'm as young as I was when I started (5) years ago.

You're still younger than me. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors