Chili, cheese dip and spinning tops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Several of us are getting together at my place for Chili, cheeze dip, other foods and some time in the shop turning tops.

Everyone is invited!

This Thursday, 10 am to 6 or later if we decide to build a bonfire

The tops can be donated to charity if you so desire. Most of mine will be.

There will be my lathe and a mini lathe to work on, bring another lathe if you can. Or just come for the food, fun and discussions.

I'll be sending directions and phone number Wednesday.

Last edited:

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Re: What did we decide?

You will show me how to make tops???? I am considering this Mike, you are a great teacher, but it is 2 hours. :dontknow:

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

I don't think we ever reached a firm decision, but here's what I'm up for. Either Thursday or Friday (22nd or 23rd) is good for me. Lunch or dinner, afternoon or evening, will work too. If we're gonna eat, I might even be able to talk my favorite wife into making her delicious banana pudding. :icon_cheers

Like Berta, I wouldn't mind watching you make a few of those tops. Who knows, I might even get motivated to use that spinny thing in my shop. :gar-La;

And thanks for offering to host this, Mike. :icon_thum

Bill

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member

I can't make Thursday or Friday unfortunately. I've got practice on Thursday and the show(Church Service) on Friday night.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Kevin, you are welcome anytime next week, I'll be working in the shop all week. I'll be happy to stop and show you around the shop, grounds, kitchen and make whatever... If you come Wednesday we can start some test batches of the chili.

So, Thursday suits everyone else?

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member

Kevin, you are welcome anytime next week, I'll be working in the shop all week. I'll be happy to stop and show you around the shop, grounds, kitchen and make whatever... If you come Wednesday we can start some test batches of the chili.

So, Thursday suits everyone else?

Thanks... That might work in the schedule. I talk to the wife and make sure we don't have anything happening that day and let you know. I'm all for being a chili test subject. :gar-Bi

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

FTR I'm also planning an old fashioned chicken stew sometime in January. Cooking over an open fire.

Be thinking about that as it will be an all day affair. Probably on a Saturday

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member

FTR I'm also planning an old fashioned chicken stew sometime in January. Cooking over an open fire.

I can do a Saturday... Chicken stew over open fire. I'm down with that.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark

Ill vote for the saturday cause you folks wont move any closer to me.:gar-Bi

Thanks Mark

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I want to live near there when i retire, so be looking for a small place on a couple acres in about ten years or so.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Does anybody have a mini lathe or a small lathe we can use? I'd like to make a few dozen tops for charity while the chili cooks.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member

So we're definitely set for Thursday? What time? Do you want us to bring something? LOML has agreed to make banana pudding, if that works for everyone.

Bill

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

Yes, Thursday. I will start the chili at 10 am it takes a couple hours of simmering and I'll make some chili cheese dip, I already have corn chips and Doritos. I have everything for the chili except a shoulder roast which I'll pick up Wednesday.

The Famous Pudding will be received with gratitude and great fanfare!

Somebody can bring sodas and gee anybody can bring anything they want.

I'll show how I make some tops and we can talk about anything that interests the group. Maybe plan the January thing.

I read it may be raining, I hope the shop doesn't get too crowded. We can move some stuff out to the awning if we need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors