Chilels for sale on ebay....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I suspect half the time it is someone that spent more than they can afford and realize they need the money. I have bid on many sets of Lie Nielsen's chisels on eBay, but have yet to win a set.....

One day...

sash plane

New User
steve
lol.... welcome to the club Travis.... "Get Out Bid Club" that is....:rotflm:

I've even seen peps...bid it up, to where it would have been cheaper to buy it new off lie Niel site...
but they still buy it off bay..... how stupid is that....

James Davis

New User
James Davis
lol.... welcome to the club Travis.... "Get Out Bid Club" that is....:rotflm:

I've even seen peps...bid it up, to where it would have been cheaper to buy it new off lie Niel site...
but they still buy it off bay..... how stupid is that....

To people in some countries that have ridiculous tariff laws it is cheaper to buy it off of Ebay than to order it through the site.

sash plane

New User
steve
Re: Chisels for sale on ebay....???

Jhreed......

It's a new type of woodworking device used by the Du'mass out there who can't spell....
Or say.... type correctly....:XXcompute

jhreed

New User
james
I am sorry. there is so much about this craft that I do not know. I went a year on this forum before I was told what BLO was' I am trying to catch up, but I am kind of slow.
James

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I'd probably get the 4 AI butt chisels before the LNs.

I can hold off on the LN chisels. I have problems resisting almost everything else LN makes though. I like the coco handles on the LNs. :cool:

Chuck

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I'd probably get the 4 AI butt chisels before the LNs.

I can hold off on the LN chisels. I have problems resisting almost everything else LN makes though. I like the coco handles on the LNs. :cool:

Chuck

Do you think the AI's are better than the LNs?

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Do you think the AI's are better than the LNs?

No. The LNs are supposed to be great chisels.

The bids when I looked showed the LNs priced at about 4 times that of the AIs. The AIs are a better deal by comparison if someone intends to use the chisels rather than collect. Up to $18/chisel I would buy them.

I would like to see the LN style handles on the AI butt chisels.

I have the AI long handled chisels. The steel is quite good.

Given a choice now I would opt for japanese chisels for most work if I could find a good price. The good Japanese chisels are incredibly good for me. Sharp and stay that way.

Chuck

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have a few Japanese chisels, I think they are Iyori. They do stay sharp a long time, but my favorites are a couple of Stanley Sweethearts I have. They stay sharp, and they are good for free hand cutting as the handles are smoothly rounded at the top whereas the Iyori's are not......

Still, I have a "fettish" for chisels, not that I do for most tools.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I have a few Japanese chisels, I think they are Iyori. They do stay sharp a long time, but my favorites are a couple of Stanley Sweethearts I have. They stay sharp, and they are good for free hand cutting as the handles are smoothly rounded at the top whereas the Iyori's are not......

Still, I have a "fettish" for chisels, not that I do for most tools.

Based on your shape preference you may like the LNs then, huh?

If you ever come across any Buck Bros vintage socket chisels - please let me know. I've been looking for a set for a while. They sharpen easily and fit my hands better than any chisel I have. I only have one - a 1/2 inch.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS