Child's Dresser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I decided to build a small dresser for my grandson as a project for learning how to use my new WoodRat. Everything so far is from cutoffs and scrap.

A.jpg

Web frames and dust shields. The piece of walnut ply at the end of the saw is from a long ago bed project so I'll size the end dimensions from that. The walnut parts for the web frames has already decided what the width will be.

A_008.jpg

I decided (based on available cutoffs) that this will be a 3 drawer unit. All drawers to be 7". WoodRat makes a nice sliding DT and quick. I pooched these out for the camera. The bottom web frame will be supported by the base I think. I'll give it a rest for today and try to figure out the next step.

a_014.jpg

SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED, has advised me that tomorrow will be dedicated to something she wants so I went ahead and put on the sides. Whole thing holding itself together, no glue.

Last edited:

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice Joe, a testament for Woodrat and yourself :icon_thum

Look forward to future progress.

Roger

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Nice looking work Joe.:icon_thum I look forward to hearing more of your reviews and opinions on the Woodrat's performance.

D L

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Wow, that Woodrat sounds like a cool toy. Of course the panels look pretty tight too!! :lol:

I like the looks of the scrap carcass. :icon_thum

Chuck

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Looking nice ... can't wait to see the finished product.

What are your opinions of the Woodrat thus far? A good investment?

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Looks really nice there Joe!!!! The ply end panels really look great next to the solid walnut holding them.

Two questions.... 1) How are the ply end panels joined to the solid walnut.
and 2) How did you bevel the solid walnut that holds the ply panels?

Great work and thanks for the pics of the WIP!

Wayne

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Looks really nice there Joe!!!! The ply end panels really look great next to the solid walnut holding them.

Two questions.... 1) How are the ply end panels joined to the solid walnut.
and 2) How did you bevel the solid walnut that holds the ply panels?

Great work and thanks for the pics of the WIP!

Wayne
Wayne, the panels are just pressure fit right now in a rabbit. The sliding DTs on the web frames keep everything squeezed tight. The end frames are 1" thick leaving a 1/4" lip. I'll glue them in when all else fit.

Michael, I'm trying to do as much as I can with the WoodRat. M&T, DT etc. The drawers are up soon as well as the top.
WIP...I show the screw ups too!

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I'm finally getting around to posting some pix of the finished dresser.
All joints were made using my WoodRat.
The actual coloring of the dresser is somewhat darker than shows in the pix.
Childs_Dresser_005.jpg

Childs_Dresser_006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors